add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC stuck in boot loop

Ragingboar
  • 26 months ago

I just finished building my first system, I turn it on a few second go by it shuts off then repeats. I know it's stuck in a loop how do I fix it?

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about you, but I have a gigabyte motherboard, And it likes to do this when there is a problem with my hardware. Make sure the ram, the going,rate BTC are all properly seated and locked into place. I would also consult your motherboard manual and clear the CMOS.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Check that all the RAM is properly seated, this is a potential symptom when it isn't. Even if it looks like it definitely is, those DIMMs can be hella finnicky.

Also double check your CPU fan is properly plugged in to the correct mobo header and functioning. (Do any/all your fans spin up despite the PC struggling to POST?)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have multiple hard drives or SSD's? Make sure that you have your hard drive with the OS on it set to BOOT OPTION #1 in the Boot Options within the BIOS.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I have experienced boot loops before and it was found out that the problem was my hard drive. So, I recommend that you need to check if your hard drive is still in good condition.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube