add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to find a store in the Gaston County/Charlotte County ((NC)) area which sells computer parts?

Dracomaster9

19 months ago

Since most places online seem to have shortages in things such as GPUs, I was wondering if anyone knew where some consumer electronic stores near Charlotte NC are? I'm hoping they have some components in stock so i dont have to buy a crap ton of gift cards to shop online. Thanks!

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I was hoping there would be a good answer since I'm about an hour away from Charlotte, but I did some searching myself and the best thing I came up with was ATD Computers, which looks like a small shop. As much as I like the idea of supporting small local businesses, the fact is with computer parts everything costs more. Same story with a small shop in my city, I'd love to buy components from them, but I'd be overpaying by a lot. For big box stores like Microcenter, I think the best you can do is Best Buy, which IMO isn't a great option unless you're looking for certain peripherals, they do price match items shipped and sold by Amazon and Newegg IIRC, so that may be ok depending on what you're looking for, GPUs will be insanely overpriced right now though.

I think Microcenter would do well in Raleigh or Charlotte, especially Raleigh, there are so many big universities close by, tech companies all over the RTP area so a lot of tech savvy people and a lot of younger people who are more likely to be into stuff like gaming, I think demand would definitely be there. The current closest one is in Atlanta, but they expand very slowly and do a ton of research on new markets before trying anything, so I wouldn't expect anything for at least a few years unfortunately. There are also a couple of Fry's locations in the Atlanta area, would be nice if they considered expanding up our way too.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the info! Its a shame how overpriced things are currently

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

It really is, all we can do is play the waiting game and see where the market goes. One thing to keep in mind about shopping on Newegg, if you're in NC you don't pay sales tax, so factor that in when comparing prices with somewhere local.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube