add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't remove my gpu

Teslafanboy
  • 24 months ago

I have a Gigabyte B150M and a Gigabyte rx 460.

I want to remove my gpu, but I don't know what kind of lock there is on my gpu. There is no tab at the end of the pcie. How do I remove my card? https://imgur.com/gallery/gmOiM

Edit: got the gpu out but I have a worse problem. The screw fell and idk where it went. It could be in the PSU, but don't hear anything rattling when I shake it.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks like there is a small hook shape latch at the front of the slot, which should just bend outwards slightly (in the direction of the chipset heatsink) to remove the card.

Latch circled in image - https://imgur.com/lkON2nx

EDIT saw your edit if the screw is in the PSU then that's bad indeed. It will NOT be safe to connect to the power if there's any possibility screw is floating around in there. Unskilled users should not attempt to disassemble PSU's either as they can retain dangerous levels of charge in the capacitors long after it's been disconnected. I've been lucky and when I've dropped a screw normally find them on the motherboard or wedged somewhere between the motherboard and the case... Use a flashlight and search thoroughly for it in your case first, unless you're certain it went in the PSU.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

did you take off the screws?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't feel bad. I yanked my video card out of my last MOBO, ripping the PCI slot off with it. I guess you could call it a happy accident as I'm now on a new MOBO and the Ryzen platform. Always remember those darn PCI tabs.

Anyway, I recommend Youtubing a removal vid of your card.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube