add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Alienware AW2518HF 240hz DP No Signal

rootGodMode
  • 23 months ago

Hello,

I have a problem with one of my monitors, it's an Alienware AW2518HF 240hz Full HD (freesync)

Dell / Alienware does not provide a DP cable but only an HDMI 2.0 cable (up to 120hz).

I've bought this monitor and I've used a Ugreen DP cable which that did not support 240hz or 144hz after trying the 3 different output of my GPU (R9 Fury).

I've received a message that there was no DP cable detected, it was random, it could happen on windows, in game ...

So I thought the problem was because of the monitor, so I asked Dell for another one which I received quickly.

I've tried the same DP cable on it and same problem, so I've contacted Ugreen on amazon, they've told me that the cable did not support the resolution 1920x1080 @ 240hz.

So I've bought another DP cable, this one: https://www.materiel.net/cable-et-adaptateur-video/dexlan-cable-verrouillable-displayport-1-2-premium-2-m-136273.html because a customer used it on the AW 240hz monitor and he had no problem with it so I thought it would finally work, it doesn't.

I do not know what to do, I tested the 3 DP outputs @ 144 and 240hz and even the HDMI 120hz does not work, after a while, there will be a message "No signal input" then I'll have a black screen( I can still hear sound from.

I did not have this problem with my previous monitor, an acer XF240 144hz therefore I don't think my GPU is the issue.

Besides, I wonder how to be sure to find DP cables that support the resolution 1920x1080 @ 240hz, is there any official list somewhere?

If you have any ideas or tests that I can do to find the faulty component, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you

UPDATE : I've used a GTX 760 instead of the R9 Fury and even though I can't set the refresh rate to 240hz for whatever reason, I've played for +2 hours with the DP cable @ 144hz so it means the GPU was actually the problem right ?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

What version is the displayport on your graphics card?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I've used a GTX 760 instead of the R9 Fury and even though I can't set the refresh rate to 240hz for whatever reason, I've played for +2 hours with the DP cable @ 144hz. It does mean my R9 fury is the problem right ?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Pitch out your window anything from Alienware and look elsewhere for anything computer-related.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube