add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The search for someone to be Princess Leia in Star Wars is almost over! :D

Nater650

18 months ago

It might be a rumor right now, but Meryl Streep will be Princess Leia in the next few Star Wars movies

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 5 points

Now all we need is Ewan McGregor for the Obi Wan Kenobi Film.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

I would love to see Terry Crews play as Mace Windu!

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

wtf. i lol'd

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

But Samual L. Jackson could play Mace Windu again...? Lol

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I suppose so...

• 18 months ago
  • 3 points

I think they should have killed her off in the Last Jedi out of respect to Carrie Fisher. Would have been easy towards the end of the film. But when there are only 3 interesting characters in the film and 2 of them are from the original trilogy then I can see why it would be hard. I honestly wished they had killed off both Leia and Rey in the Last Jedi.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

and Rey? Why?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Because the character is sucks and is horribly written. I don't care how powerful she is in the force that does not make her good at lightsaber combat. Whether you look at canon lore or the legends lightsaber training is something completely different from force ability. Being strong in the force does help with lightsaber combat however it is not the primary factor. In the extended universe many Mandalorians were better at lightsaber combat then jedi and often killed jedi in duels because of it. Kylo should have sliced Rey in half in the force Awakens, The red guards should have impaled her within the first few seconds of the fight. Just because you are supperman does not mean you will win a fight that requires knowledge of a specific weapon. The only reason I can explain her being good with a lightsaber is the writers wanting her to be. Her character is also extremely boring and the actress knows nothing about the lore.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with you, but you could have been a little nicer about it.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Nicer about what? That is my honest opinion. When asked about my opinion I will rarely sugar coat what I say. I did not personally insult anyone, I just insulted what the writers wrote, And how the actress portrays her character. Nothing rude about that. Isn't that the point of games and movies? For people to form their opinions and give feedback on how to improve the game or movie series.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Calm down a bit. I agree with your points; I even upvoted your comment. I just feel that saying, "Because the character is sucks and is horribly written" was unnecessary.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

This issue with this is all of it comes from extended universe information that Disney is ignoring and is no-longer any type of canon.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem is the stuff that people don't know is canon or not. We know that all the EU after episode 6 was erased but what about before episode 1? Even stuff about the Clone Wars is in question. We don't even know if the republic commando books series is canon.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Really we do know what is canon. Right now it is the 6 movies before Disney and all of Disney's projects plus the Clone Wars Cartoon since it ties in with Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Canon_policy

Everything else is in question to the point that it should not be considered unless referenced.

As far s Republic Commando series, the squad is canon, but the stories are not.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

This is just one of several fan ideas for recasting her, not even a rumor. Just fantasizing.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought they were going for that too

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube