add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fortnite Save the World - is it worth it?

hypergalaxy8
  • 25 months ago

I kind of want to get it, but there are some things that make me question my decision.

• It may become free any day now

• It seems a bit repetitive (Battle Royale may be, but you are usually going to different places every time and fighting in different ways each time)

• I am not sure if I will even like it

Should I spend the $40 and get it now or should I wait for it to become free, whenever that is?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there concrete evidence it is going free? I don't see the rationale for doing that, unless they stripped the VBucks out of it at the same time.

If you're really into Fortnite, the PVE can be worth it because you can earn tons of VBucks through just playing it. You can fund your PVP spending by playing PVE, basically. Again this is wholly dependent on how much you enjoy the game and how you want to spend your time, lol.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohhhh ok, I've never clicked that button since I don't own it and have no intention of buying it haha. Nice.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

They said it will be free sometime in 2018

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought it, if you like repetitive grinding for Vbucks go ahead.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it really give VBucks for pve?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, a few rewards. They are interchangeable.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. :)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope

Devs pretty much pushed it aside for Battle Royale

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, what? You can farm v bucks in the pve?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont anyone give any feedback now about the game itself.

So i originally bought the game for $40USD (Just after season 3, it was on sale for $20 and im sad i didnt jump on it). I like many others played BR first, and thought hey this give vbuck rewards, so i bought it and have easily earned over 4k vbucks (equiv to $40) and have purchased several items in pvp because of it, at least 50 vbucks per daily, 1 daily per day stacking to 3 dailies, some missions in the 2nd zone (Plankerton) gives currency (normally like 30) and there are several quests that reward addition vbucks, you can easily have tons of vbucks to use toward items, not like buying the entire store per day but you can save up and get multiple 2k skins (I got battle hound, raven and lots of dances so far), i enjoy Save the world alot and im glad i purchased it, supporting devs is important as well

Edit: In my opinion, Save the world is quite fun, humorous and enjoyable style, helped me build alot, get better at editing and have a good experience with my wife, we play in public lobbies, so sometimes you will have AFKers/Leachers but these issues will be addressed by Epic in time, the game itself is worth it imo, the vbucks solidified it for me but standalone id still play it.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I love your relationship goals. <3

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Of my wife and I gaming together? Its the best thing in the world to me, we originally met on League of Legends (Since stopped playing, officially in Season 5) and play Wow, Overwatch, Fortnite, 7 Days to die, ARK and some other games but its a great time regardless!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube