add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I just got a job and I am close to getting my pc with a setup. I want to know if this is an amazing pc for the price.

Shastarocks

20 months ago

I already bought the Mobo.

Raw build no setup:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6pFKpG

The sim racing setup:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shastarocks/saved/Kv2XHx

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

There is no way you can get a windows key that cheap. Any windows key that is that cheap is an illegal key, which violates Microsoft’s ToS. These keys can be deactivated at any time, are illegal, and can open additional vulnerabilities in your PC. It’s also against this site’s rules to advocate/suggest using these keys. Get a legitimate copy.

Change the PSU to either a SeaSonic Focus or a G3 SuperNOVA.

212 Evo is poor value. Get a Cryorig M9i as it’s smaller, easier to install, and performs better.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

True, I didn't know it was against the sites rules, but I did change it. Sorry about that.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Get a better CPU cooler such as the Cryorig H7 or Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B. If water cooling is your forte, the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L would be good.

2. Your PSU is not good and way overkill. 850W is way too much and would be better with a EVGA G3 550/650W.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't know why the top link is loading the changes, but here is the new list but better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KkzW4q

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Change the PSU. The NEX PSU is not good and would be better with a G3.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I changed the case fans to the same as the cooler so it looks better than having 2 totally different fans.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great, but I would find a better CPU cooler, like the Cryorig H7.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, but it is expensive. Probibly not going to do any OC, but if I ever want to I will go with liquid cooling.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're going to drop 1600 on a computer build, you should make sure you have an adequate cooler.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think I could replace the fan with one of the case fans I have listed? I don't think the white would look that good. And will it preform the same?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know much about using case fans with CPU cooling fans. The Cryorig M9i would do the trick as well, and its even black.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean is the hyper 212 that bad? I picked it mainly because of the looks, good reviews and price.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

LostElement put it best in his comment.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Plus I could always upgrade in the future, either to the Cryorig or even liquid cooling.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The stock cooler is pretty ugly and doesn’t work well.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

8600k doesn't include a stock cooler.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Your build is easily fine on a good 550w PSU. Look for quality, not wattage. A high quality 550w power supply is much better than a crappy 850w psu. Here is a much better power supply option.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much for the help and making the computer alot better. I will gradually order parts as they go in sale.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube