add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This is a very noob question

MarkoPT
  • 21 months ago

After installing Windows 10 on my laptop, it began to grow on me. So now I want to upgrade my PC to windows 10. Problem is, I have Archicad on it which my girlfriend got from her course, and she's used all the keys she had available, and she needs it. It is installed on my HDD while Windows is installed on my SSD.

Will Archicad and all my other software still be there after upgrading? I haven't done an upgrade in a long time so I just want to have someone confirm if everything will still be as it was (apart from the OS of course).

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on the method of upgrading.

Using the Windows Upgrade tool, it will keep everything but the OS. All programs stay.

Fresh installs will wipe everything.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, just wanted to get that clarified

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube