add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

computer is doing werid things

multi-iostream

71 months ago

so on firefox and it just randomly reset itself after the screen was filled with white lines going up and down and then a little bit ago i hit the back button and a brown box with a yellow rectangle popped up in the corner with a black line going \ across the screen, scrolled down and it went away, anyone have a problem like this? could it be my screen, but i dont see how the screen would reset my computer

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Me5 build and i do have the screen in it

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

virus

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It could be that the GPU is overheating. Download gpu-z and check your temperatures mebbe

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i did check my temps and it never went above 40c

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Please explain a little better. When you say "it just randomly reset itself" do you mean that the computer turned off and restarted? Or do you mean the browser closed and restarted?
Does this happen often? What were you doing when it last happened?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

the entire computer just restarted for no reason and it just started recently and i was on just a forum, i checked the ram, the hard drives and both showed nothing wrong, deleted registries and as far as i know that seemed to fix it for now

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

"Deleted registries"? Oy... I hope you backed up the registry before you did that..

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

bitdefender has done a good job of it but i do have them all backed up

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube