add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Smash Burger is better than 5 Guys. Change my mind.

MineMineMelon

19 months ago

Sorry guys its the truth

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 6 points

I agree, but have you seen the amount of fries Five Guys gives you? And free peanuts tho

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't trust the variety of their free peanuts, thin shelled ones have never appealed to me.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The peanuts are just a marketing scheme to get you to buy a drink.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Huh, that makes a lot of sense. That literally never worked on me when I used to get Five Guys XD

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

It can be quite effective against unsuspecting wallets!

Though not entirely related, it is sort of like the free hats they give at In-N-Out or the cheap plastic at McDonalds. The children have two minutes of fun and decide it is their new favorite restaurant. They then force parents to keep going back and spending their money.

That’s why I like my local Taco Bell. They do basically nothing but take your order. The teens are far too lazy to do anything more.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Free refills though

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

“Free refills”

Well now it’s all worth it!

• 19 months ago
  • 3 points

I love having all the retro style burger joints close by, you can drive 10 miles in any direction and there’s atleast one Five Guys, Smash Burger, Shake Shack, Steak N Shake etc. Benefits of living near a major city :D

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

And on of the reasons I hate living in a rural area.

• 19 months ago
  • 3 points

Well the downside of living in a major metropolitan area is everything is expensive...

Atleast I can get an assortment of expensive burgers I guess? Lul

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

If I want a good burger I pretty much have to make it myself, lol.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Shake Shack is pretty good!

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, they’re actually opening another one near where I work, gonna be gud.

Also I forgot to mention it but in one of the new shopping plaza/complex they built about 3 years ago, has shops like these, there’s an Elevation Burger there and I gotta say that place has been really good. I would try it out if you ever see one.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't want to drive 45 minutes to reach a 5 Guys. Or a Smashburger. It's just not worth the slightly better taste.

In-N-Out for the location convenience, but I think it's a tie between those two for me. The beef is more spiced up at 5-guys, but I like the slightly drier bun of SmashBurger.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

As a midwesterner, In-N-Out seems like some sort of mythical burger paradise. Same goes with Whataburger. I've never tried it sadly.

• 19 months ago
  • 4 points

In-N-Out is entirely overrated.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Completely agree.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I think In-N-Out and Whataburger earned their mythical status because of places like McDonalds and Burger King, Who have, In comparison, Crappy burgers.

Having tried both the first day(Seriously, The first DAY) I got to Texas I can see why they have earned a mythical status. Especially since they aren't nearly as widespread as other franchises.

My opinion is that if I want a classic burger I will go to In-N-Out. If I want something like a Chicken Strip burger I will go to Whataburger. If I want great fries I go to Five Guys(Low key the cajun fries at Five Guys are fantastic)

• 19 months ago
  • 3 points

I don't really love whataburger's burgers either to be fair. That being said, the jalapeno cheddar biscuit for breakfast sandwiches is AMAZING.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah. All places have their strengths. That is what I love about variety.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know. I had heard of these mythical burgers for quite some time and when I went to Vegas I had to have one. Was damn good

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

mythical burger paradise

People I've talked to who've only tried it once say it's good, but overrated to a good extent. I don't think you're missing out on much.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Smash Burger is better than 5 Guys. Change my mind.

Would a slap change your mind? I feel that could work.

Needs slapped with the truth...5-Guys reigns supreme!

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I don’t agree with you, but I don’t really think I can change your mind.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Only had smash burger once. It was good from what I remember. But the fries were crappy. That is really the only reason I would go to Five Guys over In-N-Out or Whataburger.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Five Guys is overpriced super greasy crap IMO. Smash burger is definitely better in terms of counter-serve "fast food" style burgers.

Agree.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about your area but 14 bucks for a large drink, double patty burger to your liking, with a medium fry (closer to a large) isn't overpriced. All the local steakhouses charge the same and you get less. Five Guys isn't greasy either, they cook everything with peanut oil which makes them unique.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm with ya... Neerest one to me is 80 miles while I have a few 5 guys locally, but ya, it's better... Variety of toppings is a massive bonus.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Never been to Smash Burger. =/

[comment deleted]
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, I've always been a fan of McDonald's burgers.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ngl the new Signature Sandwich’s are actually pretty good, on par with some of the other fresh beef burgers from other burger joints.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohh have you tried the McDank? probably not the best health wise but they're amazing.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Culver's and Swenson's.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Culvers is pretty good. They do have the best cheese and cheese curds. And I kinda miss them since I moved to San Antonio. From what I have seen there is only one in the city and it is about 20 minutes away. Never tried Swenson's.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Swensons is a northeast Ohio drive-thru chain. They use a local meat shops patties and infuse them with brown sugar.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

That sounds good. Another place I just remembered was Braums. I have seen it mostly in Missouri and Kansas. They have good burgers. But they have some of the best ice cream out of all the burger places I have been too. Plus the place doubles as a small grocery store. It is great to have if there is one near by.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

There's talk about them expanding to Central Ohio, so I'm pretty hyped!

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm hearing as far south as Cinci...crazy

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have all these well-known burger joints near me so I'm going to have to stick with Five Guys. Great taste, great fries, great price.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

5 Guys smelled funny when we walked in - we were out within 30 seconds. So I'm with you on that one.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Laugh at me all you want. I have no idea what Smash Burger is.

Now, I think that Chick-fil-a is better than Five Guys, but I can't say if Smash Burger is because I've never even heard of it.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Five guys burgers crumble in your mouth. In a good way.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube