add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with build and opinions im open for change

Archangel4th
  • 20 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor £273.99 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler £19.39 @ Box Limited
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler £56.35 @ More Computers
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste £6.49 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Motherboard Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard £149.96 @ Ebuyer
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £155.95 @ More Computers
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £50.39 @ Aria PC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card £446.26 @ Novatech
Case NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case £59.99 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter £31.19 @ Aria PC
Case Fan Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan £8.82 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1258.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-30 19:42 BST+0100

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I never build pc before and want something that not nessesary would be high end but enought to run games with no fps nassive drops and high graphics

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, why do you have two CPU coolers? You need to drop one of those.

I would also try to squeeze in a small (120 - 240 GB) SSD as a boot drive, maybe drop something else like the HDD size and that fan to make up the difference.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes my mistake with coolers. What about rest of the build,would it work?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything looks fine to me, I wouldn't buy that fan though. There are red LED fans for around the same price that are better, like BitFenix Spectre or Aerocool Shark.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I suspect the X470 board is overkill; this doesn't look like a build you are going to push for memory speeds or overclock. Wait a week or two for the B450 boards to be out and priced, and you ought to be able to save enough to add a 250 or 500 GB SSD and maybe ditch the separate wifi board.

You don't need a cooler, the 2700X comes with a decent one. I'm told it is audible at loads, if that bothers you then the Scythe Mugen 5 would be my suggestion.

Go ahead and drop the memory back to cl16 and save another 10 quid, you'll never feel the difference. The SSD is way more important. (250 would be my minimum suggested size in general.)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube