add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My computer heats up and I don’t know what to do

Noob3888
  • 21 months ago

Hi I’m a noob on computers and a week ago I had my CPU overheating, I followed everyone’s suggestions on here and detached/cleaned the CPU fan and heat sink and applied thermal paste. The CPU temperature is much better now, but the temperature in other places is still overheating and shutting off my computer.

I use Speedfan to see my temperatures and notice Temp2 (57c as of now) and Temp3 (54c as of now) is overheating on idle mode, not to mention I put it on power saving mode, the temps go even higher if I were to put the power plan on high or balanced. As I leave the computer on, Temp2, Temp3 slowly go up by a few degrees.

My question is if anyone knows where Temp2 or Temp3 is inside my computer and how could I fix this problem to bring my computer back to normal.

Here are the Specs if you need it

Brand CyberPowerPC

Form Mid Tower

Condition New

Operating System Windows 10

Video Game Platform PC

Model GUA3400W

Features Gaming Desktops

RAM Memory 8 GB

Processor Speed 4.10 GHz

Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB

Processor Type AMD Vishera FX-6300 Processor

Color Red, Black

Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 18.90 x 7.60 x 18.40 Inches

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to use other temperature monitoring software that will give you more decisive names for temperature sensors. I personally like the UI of NZXT CAM.

I wouldn't trust speedfan as other users are also reporting an insanely high temp2 and temp3 with that software.

Give that a try a report back what specific components are reaching that temperature at idle.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello

I downloaded CAM and played around with it to find the cause of temperature. Turns out it’s my Motherboard that is heating up. I also happened to find out that when my CPU fan slows down, the temperatures in the motherboard and core rise.

Is there a way I can keep my CPU fan speed running so I can prevent high temperatures?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

To clarify, is it the CPU? Or something on the motherboard (which I doubt, unfortunately)?

You can use your motherboard's BIOS to set up a custom fan curve if it's actually the CPU.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

If the Mobo is heating up, it could be either the VRMs or the chipset. Boot up your pc and stick your hand around the vrm area (near the cpu fan) if you feel that it is warm, than your vrms are overheating and could be a fire hazard. If your cyber power is still under warranty, than rma it.

• 21 months ago
  • 0 points

You bought a CyberPowerPC?

smh. Anyways, I'm not sure how to solve your problem, but that processor is from 2012/13.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube