add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer Shuts Off Randomly But There's a Catch

Dhillskiier1653
  • 22 months ago

I know that title sounds weird but let me explain what happens.

When I was using my computer 5 minutes ago, I was watching youtube and my screen went black. My headphones have a high pitched buzzing sound and my monitors turn off. I look at my tower and the led's are still on as if nothing happened. I just reached around the computer and flipped the power supply switch off and waited a little bit. I turned it back on and it started like normal. Any ideas? Here are the parts in my build if they help any.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500X GPU: ASUS Phoenix Geforce GTX 1050ti 4gb Power Supply: EVGA 500W RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4 RAM Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Can you easily replicate the results? Does it happen when doing other tasks?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It only happened once and no it has not happened since. I think it might have just been a one time goof up but thank you for replying! I will keep this updated if anything else comes up.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like a software ‘glitch’ of some sort. If it hasn’t happened since and you don’t have any other problems like the pc is slower or more unresponsive, I would say you can ignore it for now. I would just make sure to keep drivers and windows up to date.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Your PSU is probably faulty. The evga 500W BRONZE is a low-quality supply, and is prone to failure. Invest in a $60 or above power supply, as it is probably the most critical component to a PC's reliability.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok what I think I am going to do is try to buy a new power supply because at this moment it just did the same thing. I'll let you guys know if it happens with the new power supply and if it does then I'll just return the power supply and try to figure out other troubleshooting strategies.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube