add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screen tearing

Slingshott

16 months ago

For a future upgrade to reduce screen tearing, I was thinking of buying a Vega 56 to reap the Freesync benefits. I’m planning to buy this but now I’m thinking to get this and just have a frame cap as well as Freesync on to reduce screeen tearing... Will that work and is it worth it price-performance ratio wise? And also will a frame cap affect input lag?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I would actually suggest aiming for the Nixeus NX-VUE24A. Its a solid 144hz 1ms low input lag 1080p monitor that supports Freesync and is actually quite affordable.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/f3tWGX/nixeus-monitor-nxvue24a

Do note that the GTX 1080 goes for the same price as the Vega 56 card and is a stronger GPU overall. THe downside is that to get adaptive sync on your monitor for it (G-Sync), it would definitely cost you more though.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I was trying to get an ultrawide to see more in Rocket League, Overwatch, and CS:GO and I did some research and that said that by using Enhanced Sync plus FRTC you would get the best performance. Do you still recommend Freesync if I’m going to use the previous two techniques?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I never liked ultrawides personally so I would be in a bad spot to provide any response for your specific user case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube