add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASRock mob and TR4 II getting flagged as incompatible

mhweb

17 months ago

I don't think this is correct, but I'm trying to build a TR4 II system, and PCPartPicker tells me there's a compatibility issue. I've flagged this as an issue, because as far as I know the ASRock x399 is compatible with Threadreaper 4 Gen2 CPU with a BIOS update.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FVRwCb

Is anyone having problems with this motherboard and cpu combo? Am I mistaken and this hardware configuration is incompatible? Thanks,

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Out of box they are incompatible and they need a BIOS update.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure, but the warning can be also misleading. It should have an incompatible message with a note to check with manufacturer for possible BIOS update that makes it compatible, because TR4 II is a drop-in upgrade and all motherboards that were released for the Gen1 will have this message, when they're actually compatible.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 17 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks to be a specific issue with the motherboard. I will pass it along to the team to take a look.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently the team fixed the issue. Thanks for taking action.

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Heh, for once I got to fix something :) Glad to see it is working.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

this is relating to the current mobo. if the mobo is old. do i need to go thru each bios update to current one. or no. their site is misleading a bit on this.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube