add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does anyone here NOT play Fortnite?

nonoesimposible

16 months ago

OK, it's all the rage nowadays, everybody has dropped out of a bus, but I am wondering if there are any other people on PCPP who don't play Fortnite.

Tragik Times told me he preferred PUBG because he preferred its realism over Fortnite's cartoon style; I simply don't play it because I'm more interested in contributing to open-source projects and of course Fortnite doesn't run on Linux. Basically nothing does.

Anyway

1) Do you play Fortnite?
2) If not, why not?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 7 points
  1. No
  2. Simply because I was never interested in it
  • 16 months ago
  • 6 points

1) No

2) Because its not just a game. Just like I tell me kids, it is a tool disguised as a game designed to farm cash.

• 16 months ago
  • 4 points

Yes. I especially hate the culture where players are seen as "n00bs" if they don't cash out on a skin (ahem!)

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

You don’t have to feed it money. I’ve heard it can be quite enjoyable even for free to play.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Eh, so much I could type in response but I would spend most of my free time tonight doing that and since I could care less about the gam ijus rot ths sted, k :)

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmm-k, sownds gud.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

:D

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

it is a tool disguised as a game designed to farm cash.

Isn't that what almost all games are?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

There are some games where you can tell the developers were passionate about making a quality game that people will love. Of Course all games made by studios have marketing departments that will find ways to make their product make money, but not all of the developers allow them to be involved in the game making process. These days, the games that don't have the marketing department involved with designing any part of the game (especially the economy), are usually the games that stand out as being amazing experiences. ESPECIALLY when those developers also match that with passion. A few examples of these just from 2017-2018 would be God of War, Spider Man, Hellblade, and Wolfenstein, just to name a few. All of these went on to be money makers for their respective Studios and Publishers, but all of them kept their Marketing departments out of the designing of the games, were beloved by fans, and were still considered to be successes.

So why yes, all games are made to make money, not all of them are designed to exploit gamers, and are genuinely made to be give the gamer a good experience. Notice how none of those games were published by EA, Ubisoft, or Activision though.... (Not that they don't make games worth playing, but they are way more exploitative, and when talking about those games then I would have to agree that they are designed to farm cash.)

• 16 months ago
  • 5 points

No, because I find the building mechanic to be too tedious and the game overall feels unskilled

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I hate building, but it ant unskilled.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 16 months ago
  • 6 points

Also, what do you mean the overall game feels unskilled?

I agree with him on this. Compared to other shooters on the market Fortnite is seen as a lot more simplistic in style and not as difficult.

• 16 months ago
  • 6 points

Okay? The point is that Fortnite compared to other games isn't as difficult. Take for instance CSGO and R6. I'd say those two games take a whole lot more skill than Fortnite does.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It is actually very difficult to play. Building and accuracy is extremely hard.

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

No. I played it for a bit way earlier this year. It was decently fun, but it didn't really keep my interest. I respect Epic and what they've accomplished with the game. I haven't played PUBG, but I've heard countless times about how much more polished and optimized Fortnite is.

On a slightly related note, the Blackout beta got me genuinely interested in CoD for the first time in a few years (and I certainly wasn't expecting it). Definitely buying it when it comes out. I'm excited to see CoD actually being a mainstream contender and bringing in new players again.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm excited for Blackout as well.

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

No, at least not anymore. I stopped playing back in March because i sucked.

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

no...

no interest....

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

I haven’t even downloaded fortnite , doesn’t look like my kind of thing , love shooters but fortnite just looks to me like it’s the sort of game that will have soooo many screaming teenagers . Much rather wait for the new battlefield v to release to get my shooting fix :D

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It ant so bad if you squad with friends and mute randms

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

1) Do you play Fortnite? No. 2) If not, why not? I don´t like FPSs.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

It's a third person game, not first person....

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

the camera is in third person, the style feels like an fps to me and made me dislike it instantly.

but thank you for the correction.

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

I think everyone understands that you were trying to say you don't like Shooters. I am pretty sure that was obvious. Got to love the text book gamers and their corrections though.

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

ha! indeed.

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

So I am one of those few who DON'T PLAY Fortnite. I have, and it was fun, but I don't like the building aspect, and to be honest, It makes me feel too old to through on my headset and CONSTANTLY always being teamed with 3 other Kids, or even worse, 2 Kids and a dad who is trying to learn the game to play with his kids. I rather play games where you have more of a chance to get matched with people around your own age, who don't have to watch what they say, and can just let loose and have fun. I agree on your Open Source projects, I just wish there were more of them... Funny enough, I say all that, but then I go and get addicted to Destiny 2...

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Nope.

Boring, extremely repetitive gameplay of "loot, run, don't die"

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't play, and I agree. It gets old very fast, and takes so long to get in another game.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup. Plus with near everyone squadding, being solo is a death wish and trying to kill anyone just makes them go into "downed"

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Me. I think fortnite is overrated

• 14 months ago
  • 0 points

It ant the best thing ever, but it ant overrated. It’s properly rated. Good, not the best.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Nope

• 14 months ago
  • 0 points

Don’t listen to the kids, listen to the reviews on YT. It’s a 7.3/10, free = decent value!

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Boi, I used to play it quite a bit. I think I’m qualified to review a game for myself.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Okay, you do you!

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, on occasion. A couple times a month probably. I last played last Wednesday.

EDIT seems like a lot of the complaints in here are people avoiding Solo. Which is the way the game is meant to be played. I only play team matches if I am playing with someone I know.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Exactly, started playing yesterday myself. Duos and Squads is the way to play if you don't want a challenge lol. I'd only play those modes with friends.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

do you play fortnite

do you play fortnite

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

No, I don't. I enjoyed it for my first few hours, but it gets unbelievably repetitive (at least to me). There is only one map, that gets a small change every month, and the limited events are often boring. That said, I do enjoy the occasional game with a few friends. It's better with real people, but random people are often A. really young (like 6-12), B. toxic, or C. terrible and hoping they get on a squad with someone good so that they win.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

As soon as this thread is nearing the end of its life, someone has to hop in and revive it.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I know lol, I was originally excited to get so many replies and now I'm like, "This is annoying, it's permanent inbox clogging"

Edit: Two months ago? Wow.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't play Fortnite and neither PUBG.

Why?

Because I'm not in the mood for such kind of games. lol

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

No. I got decently good at the game and left it for a month. Came back and I sucked ***, lol.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Do you play Fortnite?

No.

2) If not, why not?

I am not going to pay for the campaign and I actually like to know the lore behind the story as well.

• 14 months ago
  • 0 points

Wikipedia

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Nope 2) Don't care about multiplayer games.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Only if my Friends are forcing me to join a Party because they've got no one else or because I'm close to getting another 100 V-Bucks (I hate paying Real Money for Virtual In-Game Currency), otherwise no.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. No

2. I just never really had the time to (pretty much applies to any game though) :/

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Never played it, never had an interest in playing it. I'm interested in seeing how much more steam the battle royale games have, if they will continue to be the primary cash machines for the publishers or start tapering off.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I play it off and on. It’s usually much more fun with friends, but most of my friends have either moved on to new games or are extremely try hard in the game.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope dont play it and never have. My nephew lives on it so ive seen him play it and its too cartoonish for my liking.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

1) No

2) My current PC lags ( 15 to 30 FPS ) on 2D indie titles, i dont use my phone for gaming and my PS4 is collecting dust because i dont want to pay for online. Looks like fun if you're playing with friends but seems repetitive with just 1 map, sure its detailed, big and memorable but almost every other E-Sports title has multiple maps or play styles.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Fortnite has a couple playstyles.

Spray: Miniguns, SMGS and Assault Rifles only, no shotguns, no snipers.

Shotguns: Pumps, Tacs, Heavies, and Double Barrels.

Shotgun+SMG = Main meta

Sniper: People with insane maths.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't know there were multiple modes thanks for clearing that up.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

There aren’t. There is squads, duos, and solos. He’s listing the tactics that people like to use

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Makes Sense, i guess that makes my point even more apparent.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I enjoy Fortnite. I've played it since release and still enjoy shotgunning 8-year-olds. Some Items I have obtained now have value (like Mako) :)

I've not to play PUBG yet but I heard it's fun.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

As similar as the game modes are, the game play is extremely far apart lol chances are good that if you love one, you'll hate the other lol

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. No, but I have logged a few hours on it... Gotta at least try the game before deciding it sucks...

2. Because it's overly stupid. The game is built for little kids and it shows... Also I am really not a fan of the whole build and destroy thing as part of a competitive fps, and I have the weapons. The art style is OK, but the physics and animations make me want to smack someone.... And then there's the idiots that play it... Those people make you want to take down game servers just to spite them lol. The only thing worse is the idiots in PUBG lobbies that scream over and over for no reason...

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all, the game isn't stupid. If you are saying it's overrated, that is not the games fault. It isn't meant for little kids, it's a very difficult game to play. And for the idiots who play it, you can play solo.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, in my opinion, it's very stupid lol. That's a personal preference thing lol

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand you think it's stupid, but I'm saying it's not only for kids.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

1) No 2) I dont like battle royal

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, I've tried it, but just couldn't get into it. Seemed to be the same thing over and over and just really didn't offer me much variety. Feels like most PvP games are full of toxic players today too so I tend to not play PvP unless it is with friends and a closed chat.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. No
  2. Because it gets really boring for me.
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would anyone want to play such an unskillful game, in which you can just build to hide. So my answer is no.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Building is extremely difficult. And camping is all you can do to avoid sniper and spray-fire. This is one of the hardest games to play. Please, try to versus me in playground, and see how difficult this game is to play without proper practice.

[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I literally just watched TSM Myth build a tower and hide up top shooting people the whole game....seems pretty unskillful to me and camping to me..don't get so hurt over an opinion.

[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Its on youtube. Just type Myth camping. Not gonna go find the link when Im over this conversation because I dont care about fortnite enough.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. I played Fortnite when it first came out like last year

2. i don't play it anymore because of the annoying community and I just don't find battle royale games fun, they are too repetitive. Even if Fortnite is constantly adding content, i just find it repetitive. It's pretty much Minecraft all over again. A bunch of 12 year olds love the game and won't ever stop talking about it, and a bunch of youtubers leaching off of it for money.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t play Minecraft is better

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't want to invest time in another game. There are plenty of games I play already. No reason to start a new one. Especially not one where I play with random people.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

1)No 2) The building aspect; I'll bet I'd be bored by it, and would completely suck at it. I love Planet Coaster and Cities: Skylines, but I suck at building in those, too, so I speak from experience... ;)

For the record, my sister teaches 6th through 8th grade, and she says the kids are all obsessed with Fortnite and K-Pop...

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

No, Not a fan of Battle Royales (Probably because I'm bad)

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't like the battle royal genre at all. I'm just really bad at finding people and when I do they usually are super far away and someone snipes me from a bush.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

1 NO 2. because it looks stupid

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Fortnite is ok, my reason for not playing it is because it is too awkward to me. I grew up with straight up First Person shooters and the whole building mechanic is bizarre. I mean in real time combat, do you have time to be building wooden stairs or build forts in less than a minute?

It is unrealisitic to me so I just stick to everything else.

My reason is just preference actually, nothing more or less than that.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I do not play fortnite.

I was there when first person shooters started to come out for the PC. Think the last really FPS I was into big time was the original Tribes. Also i do a lot of table top RPG since the 80's (not getting a good vibe on PF2).

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

It appeals to kids too much. Basically every mechanic in the game is to make it where kids will want to play it and not get too mad about it. I also prefer PUBG.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

1 NO 2. It looks like a cartoon, feels cheap

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I play it! but I'm a total newbie. Guess I got carried away by the trend and finally jump into the bandwagon.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

eh I play it a little but not as much as I used to

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I do, but, it's definitely not competitive enough to hold my attention for more than a few hours. It seems to be low skill so that's a big reason why I'm not super motivated to play it. Also I think it's going to die soon.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Fortnite is one of the most difficult games to master. The building and accuracy aspect is very challenging. This is easily harder than CS:GO or PUBG depending on who you challenge.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

There's too many buttons to deal with, I feel that an MMO mouse is required. The shooting accuracy seems to be more spray and pray rather than actually aim and shoot. Of course I'm not very good at the game so, that's very well the reason I don't find it enjoyable.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. Most guns are used to spray, but that is usually from inexperienced players. I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I'm fairly good at the game, and I just use a regular mouse.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. No
  2. Because I tried it, didn't like it, and now emulate MKW, and get some decent times on tracks.
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont play. But i have tried it out numerous times with friends. Just not a game i enjoy as much as others.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

No. Never got into it and still can't. I like third person shooters 1st and foremost. Then action games. I can't get into Fortnite

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

1) No I don't. I've never played it. More than that, I've never played any battle royale game.

2) I've watched streams and YT vids from both Fortnite and PUBG. It never looked appealing to me. I am mostly RPG player (with tendencies toward some strategies and simulations). I do enjoy shooters from time to time but mostly for the story (games like Wolfesnstein , Borderlands or old CoD). Not excursively though, I regularly play Battlefield 1 and Overwatch but I'm not really good at them. One of the main reasons I avoided battle royale is the games' focus on competitiveness. I just know I will suck at this type of game and I want to save myself from titling (this is also the reason why I avoid CS:GO). Second reason is the RNG factor (or overall randomness). I understand that this factor is necessary in any game to "have fun" but I really want to keep it in my games to minimum. In battle royales, randomness is main factor of the game. This is also why I never enjoyed The Darkest Dungeon, even though I tried really hard.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

1) No, but some times rarely. I am talking every few months rarely 2) Because they destroyed save the world for me. I was looking forward to it, but they haven't done anything with it in forever and its just repetitive. Also they wiped my account.

• 16 months ago
  • 0 points

no, 2 reasons

1: I just don't like it very much

2: its too popular to be enjoyable

• 16 months ago
  • 4 points

2: its too popular to be enjoyable

The most hipster reason imaginable.

[comment deleted]
  • 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree

• 16 months ago
  • 0 points

1, No.

2, Simulations are life for me. It's way more realistic compared to your cartoon stuff...

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Largely agree with you, although I got burnt out on PUBG. Played COD Blackout for the PC Beta, and picked it up recently on PC, and I have to say man, if you haven't tried it yet, you should. Its not everybodys cup of tea, but about 3/4th's of the Team mates I would play PUBG with that I have played COD with in this past week have agreed that COD does what PUBG does but it feels overall better. The other 1/4th of team mates absolutely hate it, and are sticking with PUBG, especially because the updates over the past couple of weeks have made it so much better (Less Crashing, Rubber Banding {Although it still happens} and insane Sudden Framerate Drops, not to mention they have seemed to make the Gun Play feel even better.

I am definitely leaning more towards Blackout though. Maybe its because its just the New Shiny game, and it will wear off in a few weeks. But I really enjoy the way they made the Loadout Screen, how fast it is to pick up and customize your weapons Quickly, the balance of Weapons, the incredible Gun Play, how well optomized it is, the amount of players in almost every game, and the Map. I am not a former COD Player, so to me the map is new, I don't recognize all the old locations that they rolled into this map, because I have only played COD a handful of times, its just never been my cup of tea. But there is something about Blackout that just keeps me coming back.

Anyways, I am just interested in what a hardcore PUBG player thinks about the New Blackout. Kind of Pissed they haven't released it as a Stand Alone Free To Play, or $20 Game, really sucks you have to buy the full game that I will never play for it, but so far I definitely have been getting my $60 for it, interested in if you have played it at all, and if so what you think.

That said, PUBG is finally starting to fix a lot of its original problems, And I will be dropping in with a few friends this weekend because they don't want to shill out the money for the new game, which is fine with me too, I love having variety in the genre, especially when I don't have to worry about building **** , and I can just load em and shoot em. K, I am going to shut up now...

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

id give Bo4 some more time in the oven. It seems to be a great game, but its network stability is lacking.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube