add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which graphics card can run this setup?

WarlordJIN

14 months ago

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this setup or something similar, but I would like to have a monitor setup with 3 27in monitors (1080p, 1440p, 1080p) and a 32in 4K monitor above the 1440p, I would game on my primary 1440p monitor. While the 2 1080p would be for internet and watching vids or listening to music, same for the 4K. My question is would a 1080 ti be enough to run all of these monitors as it has all of the connections for them, or would I need 2 in SLI?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

You might be able to run the other displays off an iGPU

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

if that doesn't work just use the 1080ti

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

The question here is whether any of these monitors running around 100fps+?

If so, the CPU will be a heavily taxes running so many apps along high refresh rate monitor.

I have a 4K monitor and a 1440p 144hz panel and I would recommend at least a 6700K or an 8700K for running a high refresh rate gaming monitor with multiple apps running in the background. I did note that running videos on my 4K monitor didnt really my gaming performance on the 1440p monitor unless I was running videos in native 4K where I saw stutters in either the video, my game or even both at times.

I would recommend getting a 1080ti or an RTX 2080 if you can get one at a reasonable price.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the response and Sorry I left out some details, but the 1440p will be 165hz and the 4k and (2) 1080p will be 60hz. It will be running on a 8700k also. As for the igpu should I run the 4k off of that or would It be possible to run the 2 1080p from that instead?

Here’s my build for further info: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FVQ9nH

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1080 Ti should work well. But I'd advise running the 4K display off an iGPU to reduce any strain on the 1080 Ti. SLI and using one card for the gaming monitor, and the other for the other 3 off the second 1080 Ti.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube