add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The Sweet Spot price? Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card

Timetrapper

15 months ago

From what i've seen price-wise since we stopped getting price gouged by mining inflation, is that this card rests around $679.99. Is there a reason why it touches -$75 dollars cheaper than all the other 1080 TI models? I've read it only has 2 fans and can heat up, and you have to put a fan near it, but besides that anyone heard bad news on it?

The majority of the 1080 TIs that I have seen all are around $750+new, but this model, I see it drop to 680$ on a regular basis. I just don't wanna buy the dud-cheapo cruddiest 1080 TI hehe. Or do you guys think we are in for a big drop in price even further once the RTX's start landing in people's hands more and more?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dHFXsY/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-amp-edition-video-card-zt-p10810d-10p

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 3 points

Plenty of 1080Ti of solid sub $750 models. Infact this MSI Twin Frozer is $699: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VF448d/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-gaming-video-card-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-11g vs the $689 for the Zotac.

Twin fan's in itself does not mean bad performance, the whole cooling assembly as a whole needs to be looked at. That MSI Twin Frozer for example is on dual fan yet is very solid and keeps up with plenty of Tri-Fan coolers.

In terms of price they are fluctuating heavily with some SKU's coming into and out of deals quick it seems when vendors are low on some models, they seem to drop the price at some places to get rid. This Gigabyte AORUS model for example went for just over $669 yesterday: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cHFXsY/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-aorus-video-card-gv-n108taorus-11gd

I don't think prices will plummet when more RX 2080's get into peoples hands partly as performance is closer then some expected and also how the 2080 is already priced above all the 1080Ti prices for most so sit apart in terms of pricing, but who knows, may come a point when the Retailers want to get rid of 1080Ti's and will drop prices further.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

The Zotac 1080ti AMP was reviewed by Gamers Nexus and despite its massive size, it was underwhelming for thermals whch ended up hurting the performance a bit. Its not a bad card but it ends up a few frames behind better cooler designs like the Asus Strix or the MSI Gaming X (which uses their Twin Frozr cooler design) models.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube