add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte GPUs

So I want a vega 64. The only good price for one with an aftermarket cooler is the gigabyte for 480 bucks. The problem is, that I have a gigabyte GPU (580) and it's ****. It black screens if I run anything intensive, and the rgb software doesn't work so I'm stuck with the color red. The review for the gigabyte vega 64 is good on tomshardware, but I have my doubts and the Newegg and Amazon reviews for the card are bad. Should I get it or wait for another 56 sale? Or should I get the stock cooler for $450 and use a Morpheus ii

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

One bad card doesn't make a manufacturer or that series of cards bad.

Just bad luck with one card.

If you have bad luck with this card see if you can RMA it, or have the retailer swap it out.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

But there are a lot of reviews on the gigabyte 64 that have black screen issues Also the issue with my GPU is software

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

But there are a lot of reviews on the gigabyte 64 that have black screen issues

It is one of the more common issues you see people complaining about with Vega.

Also the issue with my GPU is software

Then you can always not install the software.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Um the black screen is exclusive to the gigabyte

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really it's the most common issue most have with any GPU series from both manufacturers.

People who are happy with a product rarely ever spend the time to write a review, people who are unhappy almost always complain.

Black screen could be anything from a bad port on the card or monitor to drivers and people forgetting to plug the cord in all the way.

And a failed card can be returned or replaced by the retailer or manufacturer through the proper steps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube