add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lots of GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards are dying.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 4 points

I saw a post on reddit and most of the cards serial numbers started the same so it might be a bad lot

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

It's business as usual

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

As someone looking to buy a 2080ti, this makes me nervous.

Avoid completely right now, or just the FE?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

The reports of faulty 2080 Ti products are not only from the Founders Edition cards but also from Gigabyte, Asus, Palit, Zotac, and a few from MSI. No idea about Inno3D and Gainward.

EVGA seems to have the lowest failure rates so far, but I would still advise to avoid them all completely right now.

But if you want to take a chance, try your luck with this EVGA model when it comes back in stock for $999.99. EVGA is fairly reliable with its warranties, customer support, and RMA process.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, half tempted with my new build to go with just a 2080 (seeing as the one I want is nearly same price as 1080ti right now) and once price has settled and issues resolved, upgrade to 2080ti.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why I'm still happy with my gtx 1080 ti lol.

• 17 months ago
  • 0 points

Seems to be mostly from Founders Edition versions of the RTX 2080 Ti

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube