add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSA: throw out your turkey ASAP

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 16 points

90,000 pounds of Turkey recalled.

Well guess it's time for my mother-in-law to go back where she came from.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

lmao so good

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 15 points

3 Responses to your own post. You really are going to drive me to drink.

As far as the turkey goes, I'm glad I killed my own this year.

• 11 months ago
  • 7 points

Well, alright, well i will have a few shots to, but your buying....

• 11 months ago
  • 4 points

So long as it's bourbon, I'm down.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 11 points

only raw ground turkey

Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC recalled 91,388 pounds of raw ground turkey products after the USDA found that a sample of the products tested positive for a salmonella reading matching the outbreak strain.

• 11 months ago
  • 4 points

The CDC said that if you plan to handle raw turkey, make sure you are extra careful: Wash your hands after touching it. Cook products thoroughly to avoid getting sick. Thaw turkeys in the refrigerator, not on the counter.

Salmonella is commonly found in the product groups listed.

Lab tests show that the salmonella came from a variety of products, including ground turkey and turkey patties. Tests showed that it's also been in live turkeys and pet food.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah as long as you aren't eating the turkey raw or handling the turkey with open wounds you should be fine

• 11 months ago
  • -1 points

Ok

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Didnt you do this with lettuce too

• 11 months ago
  • -1 points

Yes

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Lettuce eat lettuce in peace(s).

[comment deleted]
  • 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Weren't you the guy who said something about watermelons or strawberries or something. PCPP's official food safety awareness bloke. :)

Edit: It was lettuce lol.

• 11 months ago
  • -2 points

Yup, lettuce

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

if you cook it you will be fine

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a feeling that i am going to be having sliced turkey from Save'A'Lot this Thanksgiving, so i might not have to worry about this.

• 11 months ago
  • 0 points

Ok

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube