add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Streaming/Gaming/Photoshop PC build opinions appreciated

MattHoot

7 months ago

First off, Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all are having great times with your families and enjoying the holidays.

For this build, It's mostly an entirely new build, but I'm using two hard drives and 8gb of ram from my old computer I build four years ago. I want to use this for some heavy gaming if I wanted to, but most of the games I'd play consistently aren't too demanding. I also want to potentially stream and/or make YouTube videos in the future. I'm 17 and plan on majoring in Computer Science in college, so I hope to also have this computer to help me there. I also plan on using photoshop/illustrator with two monitors.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y3d8w6

Wanted your opinions on this list. I don't necessarily have a budget, I'm just a 17 year old teenager working to buy this PC. I'll spend more money if it's truly necessary, but I think this is a good price range for me. Thanks, matthoot

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You Need 16 GB or ram minimum for photoshop and streaming. Also, make it dual channel.

Ryzen 7 2700X is better for streaming and photoshop, as it has more threads with same cores at higher clock speed.

The GPU is fine.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I said I had 8 gb of ram from my last build and im getting another 8 gb, and I'll look into that cpu. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless it is the exact same model and type and speed, it will not work.

Sometimes (Most of the time) not even ram from the same exact product line at the same speed with the same capacity will work.

Only ram in the same kit will work.

If from separate kits, its just hit or miss

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, I didn't know that. Thank you. I'll get a 2x8 kit instead. Thanks for your help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube