add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help choosing a monitor and GPU

ISHIKILL

7 months ago

Hello good people!

I'm planning my second build on a mini ITX and, being rather new to this, I would love some suggestions. Especially when it comes to choosing the GPU and a monitor.

This is the current list, 1.7k CAD atm: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PRRNFt

First question: considering the small case, is a blower GPU like the EVGA GTX 1070 better then a mini gpu, like for example the Zotac 1070Ti mini ? Performance/temp wise

Second question: I know absolutely nothing about monitors and I'm a bit lost, can you guys give me a couple of options?

Third: Ryzen 5, 7, first or second gen...?

Thank y'all a lot, I appreciate your time.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

For a small build, a blower style will be better. For Monitors, if you are going with Nvidia, look for a G-Sync Monitor. Then, look at the refresh rate you want. Some people are ok at 75hz, others prefer 90hz, and others 144. Also, make sure it has the appropriate port for your video card. And last, look at the resolution. Would you want 1080p, 1440p or 4k gaming? All this adds up.

In my opinion, FreeSync monitors are better and cheaper, But you need an AMD GPU.

Last, MAKE SURE YOUR GPU FITS.

Good Luck.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok so, for the "GPU fit" I'm 100% positive as I saw completed builts with 267 mm GPU inside the GS13, here on pcpartpicker.

Thank you a lot for the explanation! You gave me a nice picture on what parameters to address when it comes to monitor.

What do you mean with "make sure it has the appropriate port"? Aren't all the HDMI port the same..? Being super newbie here, LOL.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, All HDMI ports are the same. But there are different versions of HDMI.

Not only that, but there are also DisplayPort, and VGA, among others. 99.99% of the time there will be HDMI, but if you want something better, like DisplayPort, you need to have the ports on your mobo or GPU, and on your monitor.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Crystal clear! Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube