add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Nicothebro

11 months ago

Hey. I just built my new pc and I'm wondering how to control the rgb. The rgb things inside are Trident z rgb ram, asus rog strix 1070 rgb gpu, nxzt kraken m22, and the h500i case hub with led strips preattached. If anyone can give me tips on what software to download and how to control it it would be greatly appreciated. Last my motherboard is a gigabyte z370sli in case that has anything to do with choosing a software.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT being NZXT, the 'smart' device included with the h500i is controlled with their CAM software. If anyone knows of an alternative to CAM to control the device, I'd be interested to know what else is out there. To the best of my knowledge, the Kraken will also rely on CAM software to control it's RGB goodness.

I'm guessing that G.Skill has a utility (they do, I found it after replying) to control the RGB on their memory. Your gigabyte board may control the RGB on your memory, though their RGBFusion software offering is very very meh. I have Corsair RAM that doesn't want to work in concert with RGBFusion, so I use Corsair's ICUE package to control it. Far more customizeable RGB options available with ICUE than RGBFusion from what I've seen.

The STRIX again, may or may not play nicely with Gigabyte's RGBFusion, but if they don't play nice, or you aren't impressed by what RGBFusion can do, Asus has AuraSync available.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. This really helped. I got the cam and aura sync for the gpu and I got the gskill one but my friend told me that there was aura sync for the ram so I got that. Now I have 2 aura sync softwares. Do you know if there is any way to connect both parts under one software?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry mah dude, my ASUS board is like 10 years old, and has no ASUS Sync on it.

If it works correctly for you, I think you should just need the one ASUS Sync app for the motherboard, I believe it should be able to control the Trident Z.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I have 2 softwares though. I can't figure out how to put them both on one

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

You can use Asus Aura Sync to control the RAM and GPU, you can use CAM for the cooler and case, and you can use Fusion (and possibly the BIOS- can someone verify this?) for the mobo. Fusion however, isn't a great software, and CAM datamines, so I would stay away from it, or prevent it from connecting to the internet.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube