PCPartPicker

• Register

So I finally called Spectum (Time Warner)

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TheOtherside 2 months ago

And asked them about why the F I pay $110 for internet, and what other tiers they have.

Dude looked up info and in 2 seconds told me I was wasnt migrated to Spectrum yet... -_-

So he migrated me, they're sending me a new modem and my internet is going from.... for the last 3 years..... 20mb/s to 100mb/s and its $74 a month!

Mad at myself for not calling sooner. Haha.

Comments Sorted by:

Zeromus725 3 points 2 months ago

Dang, that’s pretty good! Congratulations.

TheOtherside submitter 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

:D

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

I know in NY State the agreement made during the purchase was they Had to continue with the TWC packages as they were sold at that time. Spectrum has been improving service in the mean time though and those old packages are truly terrible now.

I think here it's like a pizza chain or a burger joint, of you dont ask for the deal or a special, they wont give it to you. Haha.

They're perfectly fine charging me 100 a month and not letting me know about an upgrade. Haha.

Gilroar 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

Sadly here the state required them to carry over the old plans and continue the service at that level and then sued them for false advertising because they followed the agreement through to the letter.

Though if you actually went into an office to pay or swap out hardware they would insist on switching you over as soon as they checked the account or you gave them the TWC branded hardware.

Man, that sucks.

EagleByte 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

My download speeds are 1 mb/s... lucky *******.

Finally got the router. About 98mb/s after a few tests. :)

M0RKILLZ.twitch 1 point 2 months ago

My family has a spectrum 200mbps plan but we are only getting 98 mbps wired to the modem with cat5e and gb ports on both sides. The modem supports 300mbps... I have called them previously but my dad has to approve anything they do. I have talked to multiple reps, some say sending someone to fix it is free, others don't. We used to have a 100mbps plan, but we got a letter saying we were being automatically upgraded.....

How long did it take you to fix it and did you have to pay extra?

TheOtherside submitter 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

I didn't have to fix anything, all I had to do was call to upgrade.

Sucks to hear about your situation.

I'm just glad I'm not in the stone age any more, especially when I was paying the same price.

M0RKILLZ.twitch 1 point 2 months ago

Ok.

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Spectrum is who i have. I have to admit they are decent, but when you run into issues, they can be a huge pain. Last time i was on the phone with them, i may of used some rather colorful language to explain how i felt about their costumer service. But 98.72 percent of the time, they are pretty good.

Nullarc77 3 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

My family recently switched to Spectrum because when we first moved to San Antonio AT&T said they would have fiber in a few weeks in our area. So we figured we would just use the 50 down 10 up(Which even with wired we weren't getting that) until they got the fiber in. 6 months later we switched to Spectrum because AT&T still didn't have Fiber, we ended up saving some money, and our speeds went up to 400mbps max. Over wifi I normally get 200-300 so I can't complain. I have noticed that Spectrum seems to be a bit more unstable. By that I mean lag spikes are more frequent but still nothing too bad.