PCPartPicker

• Register

To those of you in the midwest, be very careful driving right now.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 3 months ago

We just got pelted with 12+ inch of snow in about 8 hours. Snows still coming down pretty strong. Shoveling the driveway was a pain in the ***. Anyone else dealing with this?

Pics

EDIT: In 30 hours it hasn't stopped. We're up to 24+ inches now with 5' snowdrifts in the country.

Comments Sorted by:

Cicero_ 5 Builds 5 points 3 months ago

In Minnesota and roughly in the same boat as that Wisconsin guy. Experienced my very first brown Christmas this year.

Cosine_ 1 point 3 months ago

Brown?

Cicero_ 5 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

Like a white Christmas, but no snow. That never happens in Minnesota.

TheOtherside 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Haha. The ol brown Christmas.

Cosine_ 1 point 3 months ago

Ah, okay. Never heard of that term.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

Neither have most Minnesotans.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

From Minnesota can confirm.

[comment deleted by staff]
Cicero_ 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Twin Cities. It's been cold as balls here for the last few days anyway. How about you?

MichelWeber 3 points 3 months ago

I lived in Wisconsin as a kid, and this reminds me of sitting at breakfast listening on the radio at all the school closures waiting through the long list to hear my school named as one. Sometimes it would be closed, but more often it wasn't in the list.

We lived for watching our school come across the ticker at the bottom of the screen to be canceled. Hahaha.

Up in Northeast Wisconsin. I think we had 5 inches all winter.

M0RKILLZ.twitch 3 points 3 months ago

Same boat, towards milwaukee though. We have landscapers putting in patios and digging in the ground in f'in JANUARY!

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

That's just not normal, lol. Since when did upper Wisconsin get anything less than a ridiculous amount of snow per year?

tomtomj2 9 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

I forgot what year it was but I remember when the South got pelted with a huge NorEaster bringing their total snow over us here in the north. A lot of our crews were out there. That was absolute chaos for them.

Very weird indeed. We’ve had one early snow storm this winter in November and nothing big since.

We had a light snowing around November but nothing significant until now.

Hahahaha, right dude. Last April we got a record 24" in 24 hours.

Damn, lol. We're expected to get another 15" this weekend. Oof, this will be interesting.

ZFGeek 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

If it hits right we could get 30+ inches this weekend. Either that or rain. PAs weather can never make up its mind, so we never have one prediction, we have 2 or more... :/

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

If it hits right we could get 30+ inches this weekend.

Damn!

PAs weather can never make up its mind

I get that. Try out Missouri weather. We had a 70 degree day 2 days before the storm, lol. Missouri weather has bi-polar disorder.

We in PA are just getting hit with that storm. Not coming down nearly as hard though. Must of dumped it all on you! :P

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

I feel like a kid again, lol. Tomorrow's goal: Igloo.

Haze159 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Good luck to those attempting to drive to the AFC Championship game up in KC as well

Nullarc77 4 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

I honestly wish I could have that much snow right now. The thing I miss the most about Minnesota, especially the Brainerd lakes area is the weather. Nice and toasty here in Texas with 13C.

MichelWeber 2 points 3 months ago

Better be careful using C down in Texas.

Memo1010 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Here in iowa its a bit icy but not too bad. I have certainly been careful

Be sure to keep it up! Icy roads can be a quick way to start rolling (speaking from experience).

Just today we passed a rollover accident coming home from something. Car didnt look bad though, so it wasnt a bad one, but still. Be careful.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

That's good. Hope everyone was okay.

It’s the Northeast’s turn starting Friday into Sunday.

Might be time for some, snonuts in the boat

yeah, I know. MINIMUM snowfall is 8 inches. We are expected to get anywhere from 8-12 inches where I'm at, 15+ up near Erie.(I live here and I dont know if I spelled that right :P) If not snow, 1/4 inch+ of ice. We can't avoid the bad storm no matter how it hits.

You spelt Erie right.

I live down in the lower counties in NY and were expecting like 8 inches as well.

EagleByte 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Jealous. Here in Spain we don't have any snow, lol

MannyPCs 2 points 3 months ago

What the, I thought you were from Missouri.

I was, but currently, I'm in Spain.

Hey, I didn't know you were from Missouri! What area? I'm near hannibal if you know where that is.

I've heard of it. I'm specifically from Springfield. Isn't Hannibal near St. Louis?

Northwest of STL about 90 miles.

floridaboz 4 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

You guy please be careful up there..

ssjg5rlly 2 points 3 months ago

Rest in peace TragikTimes, who will be remembered for his valiant efforts of shoveling the driveway. He froze to death.

Slingshott 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Climate change

Haze159 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

I'm a bit disappointed because where i'm at, the coming storm this weekend was supposed to give us around 2 inches, which is a lot because everything goes around us. But anyways I looked at the forecast this morning and saw that the changed the models and everything is way north so now we get nothing :(

I don't want anything crazy like 12+ inches but i'd like enough to get out of school for a while haha.

MichelWeber 2 points 3 months ago

I checked the DOT web cams in Wisconsin - mostly brown. Hardly any snow.
They have a lot of cameras set up too. This is where I spent my teen years, so I still go back to look at Wisconsin once in a while.

We all have crazy people. Your state just makes their records public making you look like you have way more crazies than anywhere else. Lol