add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Most stable Gigabyte RGB software?

stat.logic

4 months ago

So I've had quite an adventure with the gigabyte software ever since buying the RTX 2080. I don't mind the graphics card controller even though it's buggy; it get's the job done and this is the chillest card I've had (highest temp recorded even under a 1 hour stress test is 69c) so I don't want to RMA it because of the software. However I have had serious issues with the RGB software. My computer was crashing, freezing, restarting, and this messed up some crucial moments in-game and got to be a real bother.

TL;DR What is the most stable version of RGB Fusion that won't crash your computer or create conflicts. My temporary solution to this is to simply uninstall the RGB Fusion and remove any leftover software files left behind however every time I turn on my computer, I am prompted to download it and it does it automatically.

Also, is there any way to stop the gigabyte software from automatically downloading the RGB Fusion if it's uninstalled as mentioned earlier? Thanks

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it possible to run RGB Fusion without GigaBytes AppCenter software?

None of Gigabytes software is super amazing(imo), but if you're just looking for RGB control, maybe try removing everything else and running RGBFusion as a standalone.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Gigabyte actually just released an update to RGB Fusion yesterday i believe. I just tried it out. (works without the rest of the Gigabyte suite installed).

It is... better? than the last iteration, but still leaves a lot to be desired, though it may work for you. It now recognizes and controls the RGB on my memory, however, doesn't sync with the motherboard if I enable the onboard RGB.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

When I went to check the event viewer to see what was crashing my PC it was the SMBCtrl and GLedApi DLL files. I have an asus motherboard and corsair RAM so the only thing I have that is gigabyte is the GPU. I'll go ahead and reinstall the Gigabyte software as a whole and see if it works. If I still get crashes then it's back to the drawing board.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

UPDATE:

Reinstalled and got crashes. If I delete the DLL files that cause my system to crash then it won't work. Does anyone know of any 3rd party RGB programs?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I gave up on RBG Fusion and control the MOBO RGB from the BIOS and my graphics card using EVGA's software.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

from the BIOS isn't it either "ON" or "OFF"? I didn't notice any further options in there. Maybe I didn't look closely.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you go into the peripherals section of your BIOS, you should see an RGB option. Enter into that and there will be a menu for setting color and effects.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Only seeing ON or OFF options when the PC is on, and ON or OFF options when the PC is sleeping / hibernating / off.

Oh well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube