add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with my first computer build

gabriel.vega

6 months ago

Hello I am in the process of making my first first PC and I just wanted to get a little help from people more experienced than me. I am going for around $1000 it is ok if it is a little over or under. I am going to be doing a little bit of everything on it like editing videos and photos, special effects, computer programming, game development (unity), 3D modeling (blender, CAD), and gaming. I want to get a 1080p or preferably a 1440p monitor for the build but the cost of the monitor will not effect the 1000 budget for the computer. I would appreciate it if you guys could check over the build and see if I messed up anywhere like something was overkill for the system, not good enough for the system, something that has a better value for the price point, or any other type of help/advice that you could offer. I am very indecisive about the case, motherboard, and PSU but I need WIFI and would strongly like to have Bluetooth. Also I will probably not be overclocking I might in the future but, the stock coolers with the case and CPU should be able to handle the temps from minor overclocking or stock (I think). I appreciate any help that I can get looking over my build and thank you in advance if anyone answers.

My Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n7Kmhy

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

You can go with 3000 speed ram to put money elsewhere. I would go with a more air friendly case with your setup. Possibly meshify c. You are correct about the 2700x and if you want to game at higher refresh rate than 60 on that 590 then you are bound to 1080p. Possibly look at some benchmarks so you can see what i mean. Rest seems pretty general and you dont need that thermal paste unless you want it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking about the meshify C Case as an alternative because of the better airflow and if you think its worth the $10-20 more I will go with it. I also just checked the stock cooler for the CPU and saw that it came with thermal paste already applied LOL. Gaming is not a huge concern for me and I think that 1080p with 60 herts will work fine for me. Thank you for your help and advice

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya then you should be fine with that setup given your budget.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Rendering and modeling. Might need 16 GB of RAM for that. Also, that 590 might not be enough.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently have a 1000 year old geforce 940mx in my laptop and I am able to use it for my rendering and modeling use case despite it being slow so I think the 590 will be able to decently handle it I and I do have 16 gb of ram in the system. Thank you for your advice

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w8V6bX

Upgrade cooler later?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube