add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Backlit vertical mount GPU

Dreadvolt

3 months ago

So, other than some fan tinkering, my rig has been built for a little over a month now, and I've already started planning out a zero percent performance improvement project.

I'd like to take my EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra Gaming, turn that sumbitch sideways to mount it vertically, and backlight it with short RGB strip.

I like how using the CableMod bracket doesn't require me to cut my case in any way, though I believe I'd need to pick up the EVGA 2 slot bracket as well, or potentially dremel out part of the bracket to fit the 3rd slot.

Now to some questions for anyone that may have done something like this already.

1. Are there any 3 slot compatible Vertical GPU brackets out there that function similarly to CableMod's offering?
    1. I'd like the RGB backlighting to either tie into the NZXT smart device in my h500i, or sync with iCue from Corsair - what are my options for this? Are there more options other than these NZXT Hue+ Extension and Corsair's lighting node Pro?
    1. Lastly, because I'm having a tough time deciphering this for myself, if I opt for a non-NZXT option for question 2, can I connect a 2nd "ecosystem" on the z390 AORUS Ultra that can exist with the NZXT smart device? I can't tell if I have more internal USB options available or not.

There is no urgency on this project, this is something just for me, cause I think it'll look really good and fill in the bottom portion of my case nicely. Input and/or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Maybe? But none I know of

2. I think the Hue only supports Hue RGB strip, iCue might have better support but I doubt it.

3. Yes

You should have two USB headers (pretty standard), so you might need an USB hub ($30) or lose front IO

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah forgot about a USB hub. Don't really want to have to deal with that as well, probably just have to go with the NZXT kit when the time comes.

Thanks.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

pretty sure you can only use NZXT products with the NZXT smart hub.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I think my only option if I want to sync with what my case is already doing is to go with the NZXT Hue+ LED kit.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

My 1000th comment :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube