add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

alienware x51 case build?

Charlesmass99

3 months ago

I have always liked the x51 for a compact pc setup and I was wondering if I can use just the case and make a killer build with it. I have seen people upgrade to a 1060 gpu but was wondering what all can be done with these cases. I just want to reuse the case so any parts you all can recommend or is it even worth it?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

The X51 appears to have a standard 24pin slot and also seems to be standard ITX form (except the R3). The only thing I see that needs modding would be your IO shield, that doesn't look like it pops off. Not sure how it gets power though, think there's a separate board for it to go from 24pin to the AC power brick so make sure you have it. You can definitely reuse the case and make a kickass machine as long as you keep in mind thermals and stay away from high TDP chips.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You would likely have to start by determining if the x51's og motherboard used a standard or proprietary form factor. If it didn't, then you could likely build something in it. If not, you might still be able to, but it would be difficult and require a lot of remodeling of the case's interior.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That's not the alienware case he's talking about

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The x51 is the itx machine, that's the area 51.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

He's trying to reuse a case he already has not spend money for a new case, that's the problem. This is the modding section not the case section.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube