add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What can I do to

pjrdn

2 months ago

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. Need some advice. I'm working a job that requires me to use a certain website and when I use this website it bogs my computer down. It takes forever to load. I notice alot of memory and CPU being used. I need to fix this so what do you recommend? I only have 4gb of ram. In terms of making websites load better, do I need to get more ram or is it the processor. I really don't know much about these things. Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm working a job that requires me to use a certain website

I only have 4gb of ram.

Talk to your IT department. Web browsers aren't exactly known for their efficiency when it comes to RAM, so it's possible they already are working on rolling out upgrades. Unless your CPU is hitting 100% usage all the time when on that website, that part should be fine.

If you are using a personal computer/at a small business without an IT person or department, then yes, you should look at upgrading the RAM. That part is simple enough if you know your system model (assuming prebuilt) and if your motherboard has free slots. Depending on your current build it may be more sensible to get a new system. If it is a personal computer used for business work (which makes me cry inside, but c'est la vie) you could probably see if the business would comp an upgrade.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You need more RAM likely, what’s your current build?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube