add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphics Card First Build

ZiasMaerevoet

8 months ago

Hello, Looking for a graphics card for around 500EURO for my first build, I'm a bit familiar with the nvidia 2000 series but I don't understand the new RTX series, also not familiar with the Radeon GPU's Does anyone have some advise? Thanks!

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The real questions is what resolution and what framerate will your monitor be running at?

If you plan on running a 1080p 60fps monitor at max details, a GTX 1060 or a RX580 is more than fine.

If you plan on going for 1440p 60fps or 1080p 100fps+, then a GTX 1070ti, 1080, Vega 56 or the RTX 2070 are good choices.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

1080P 144ghz monitor, just trying to get as high fps as possible

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Then my list above also stands.

Do note that less demanding titles like CS:GO or League of Legends would work just as fine with the GTX 1060 or a RX580 for 100+ fps as well.

If you want to play at the highest settings though, my list above still stands (GTX 1070ti, 1080, Vega 56 or the RTX 2070).

If you dont mind going to the used market, the GTX980, gtx 980ti, R390X could work as well but they arent as efficient as the new cards and they will usually run louder and warmer as well.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Wouldn't hurt to throw in the 1660Ti as well, depending on the price.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube