add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Programs not opening

Luke_

2 months ago

Did a system restore to a point earlier today after messing around with some drivers. Since then I can't open Spotify or my Radeon Settings software. Spotify doesn't open at all, but the radeon settings opens in the tray but acts like its crashed or something as i cant click/right click on it.

Ive tried running a sfc /scannow and a diskcheck but nothing came up.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Right click on the desktop icons for those programs you're trying to open. Select Properties in the window that opens and then select Open File Location.

You should now have a folder opened up of that software with the original exe file highlighted. Try double clicking on the exe file and see if that makes a difference. Maybe the shortcuts are damaged somehow.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I have tried this and it doesn't work

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube