add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I get 120mm or 140mm chassis fans?

mhweb
  • 11 months ago

To improve the airflow and lower the temperature, I'm planning to replace the fans 140mm chassis fans that came with my Phantek Evolv X case. However, because the front of the case restricts some of the airflow, plus the air filter, I don't know which fans should I get to pull as much fresh air in to the case and push the air to the back considering the air restrictions.

I was thinking on getting 3 Noctua NF A12x25 (120mm) for the front and 1 the same for the back of the case because of how good they're as static pressure fans. However, I don't know if should get other 140mm fans instead of 120mm. I'm looking to increase the airflow, but I'm also looking to make the PC as silent as possible.

Any recommendation?

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd suggest the A12x25's in front where the radiator is, and a beQuiet Silent Wings 3 140mm in the back as an exhaust.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube