add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sony Vegas >>>> Premiere Pro

Vovical

7 months ago

So, this is more of a video-editing question, about my software of choice. Should I make the switch to Premiere? I basically just use Vegas right now for school/making video memes/random gameplay videos. I already have both installed on my computer because I have the creative cloud thing, but is premiere a better software?

If it is better, does anyone know how bad the adjustment period is? Thanks

EDIT: If it helps, my CPU will be Ryzen 5 2600X

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem with adobe products is that there have been heavily reported issues with stuff like PP not working on AMD processors. I personally know a few video editors that had issue with the program just crashing constantly when trying to run it on Ryzen chips.

Is premiere pro a good program to learn? yes, absolutely. It is highly customizable and i greatly enjoy using it. It is industry standard IIRC, and while it has some quirks it is overall an amazing program

HOWEVER if you aren't doing it professionally or looking to do it professionally in the future, then there might not be a lot of need for you to try to use Premiere Pro with your current workload

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thank you

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

And it's irrationally expensive

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube