add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First custom build. Any feedback is welcome.

mccurrybc

10 months ago

Below is a link to my first custom gaming pc build. I was going for a black/red themed look. I picked the mobo/cpu combo because I am hoping to OC it. My main concerns are: 1. whether the PSU is overkill 2. since I'm using the m.2 storage slot, it's saying the 2 SATA slots will be disabled. Is this true? (Should I just pick 2 SATA drives for storage?) 3. whether I could get similar performance from a slightly different build.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zzFyCb

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Looks ok but you are spending to much on the cooler, the dark rock pro 4 is good. Also don't get Corsair, get a zowie mouse and ducky keyboard.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ducky One Mini 2 for life

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

That does look like a slick keyboard. What other features of the keyboard do you like?

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

It's got beautiful RGB, Cherry MX switches, and of course, it's a 60% keyboard. It doesn't have the arrow keys and the number pad. It also comes with an extra Chinese New Year space bar, a gold plated USB to USB Type C cable, 10 extra keycaps of a random color, and a wire keycap puller. The extra space bar would be the pig for you (Mine was the dog :D). Although you would be missing a few keys, you can still use every function by using the function key. If you need the arrow keys and the number pad, I'd get the full-sized Ducky One 2.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Get a dark rock pro 4 or noctua nh12/nh14/d15 and personally would buy a SATA drive. That drive is connected by m.2 but is probably still running a SATA interface... Since the mobo only has 1 m.2 slot, get a SATA drive and when you need more storage you could get a faster NVME m.2 drive (TL;DR just get a SATA drive to increase upgradability)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube