add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AMD Ryzen 2600X best CPU Cooler?

once_upon_a_goat

1 month ago

I have been trying to work this out for a while without actually testing it myself. I am curious what is the best Air Cooler and what is the best AIO Water Cooler for the Ryzen 2600X?

I am open to any opinions on the matter. However, I have liked these:

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You can't compare those two.. One is $60 and one is $100+

What sort of budget are you looking at? What's the rest of your build look like? Are you wanting to OC? Or are you just looking for something to keep it cool using XFR/PBO?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I am not comparing them, just stating that I like those specifically. I am just looking to stay under $115 USD. I would like to OC and my goal is 4GHz all cores but I may lower that depending on how the thermals look.

These are not up to date but something like this:

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Over the last few years of building/research, these are my favorite air coolers. They all perform very similarly so it really comes down to what you're looking for in terms of aesthetics.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler Thermalright - Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler $79.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-D15 SE-AM4 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler $89.90 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler FSP Group - Windale 6 60 CFM CPU Cooler $48.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe - FUMA Rev.B 79 CFM CPU Cooler $46.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe - Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler $51.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Scythe - Ninja 5 43.03 CFM CPU Cooler $59.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $377.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-11 10:28 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will look at a few of these. I like the black aesthetic.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes, you can go for the Corsair one because it's one of the demanding brands which provides a lot of gaming stuff and as it's a corsair cooler, you will not get any problems in it and you can easily find the customer service near you.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

Hey Goat, So i can only tell you about this one cooler. NH-U12S by Noctua. I just recently (this past weekend) built a pc with a 2600x and i can say the difference from the stock cooler to the noctua is huge, at least to what i think. I ran cinebench on the stock cooler and max temp it hit 90°C. Took that out and replaced with the Noctua, never went over 68°C. Keep in mind this was stock clocks. If you can get over the ugly brown color, I would recommend the noctua. Did not interfere with my patriot viper rgb ram on m-itx board. Hope this helps and good luck.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This actually helps a lot, I looked at a lot of builds on PCPP but nobody really had thermals and some that did were not really all that believable. Thank you!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You are welcome. And one more thing. If i remember correctly, if you overclock all cores, your cpu will not take advantage of boost/XFR. I have been reading that because of the XFR boosting all cores its just better to leave the overclocking alone and let it do its thing. Check this out. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-11.html. Granted its the 2700x, i believe it would be the same concept with the 2600x.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh and another note. When i ran with the stock cooler and letting the XFR2 work, I was watching the numbers on the ryzen master utility and when temp were hitting between 80-90C, cores dropped down to 3.8 GHz. Switching to the Noctua held the cores to 4.1-4.2 GHz.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I hadn't heard of the XFR so thank you. I think I will just let that do its thing and not focus on OC'ing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube