add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need replacement cpu cooler for unidentified lenovo motherboard, runs i5 3570.

Kadecamz

7 months ago

I will go through some old emails and find the motherboard and/or fan when I have the chance, but i know I had to use some lil extra mount to be able to use the fan on dat motherboard. I think it was taken from a prebuilt lenovo.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Motherboard warns me the fan is ****** b4 it boots to windows so i aint used it in few month

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you have some sort of proprietary motherboard and cooler design from lenovo the standard socket for that CPU will take most coolers on the market. Also not sure how much space you have in that case either but as long as it can fit just about any cooler. If that is the case then just about any budget cooler can keep that CPU cool as it is only a 77w TDP non overclocking CPU.

A Hyper T2 for $17 is a super cheap option for that CPU assuming it has the standard mounting holes for that intel socket and enough clearance above to fit a small tower cooler. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103107&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

That cooler makes a good replacement to a failed stock cooler on an older system. It will likely be about as noisy as the stock cooler and might cool a tad better which is more than ample for that CPU. If noise from the old stock cooler wasn't an issue for the last 6-7 years then I doubt the noise on this cooler would bother you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube