add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte AppCenter/RGB Fusion not working

Onslott

1 month ago

Hello,

I just finished by build over the weekend and everything seems to be in working order. However, I can't seem to get the Gigabyte AppCenter or RGB Fusion programs to work literally at all. When I open the AppCenter, I run the live update, and it keeps saying im missing the flash.dll. I downloaded that and put it in System32 and another Windows folder like the download site said and it still gives me that error over and over again. The update just keeps going and I cant close the program.

When I open RGB Fusion, its just blank. There are no buttons apart from an import and export button and a profile button and that is it. I looked in the Gigabyte RGB Fusion folder and say a few .exe programs that look like they control the LEDs but when I open those, they all get stuck on one screen with the only LED option is "Static", which is fine, but I cannot change the color if I click it. It's just stuck there. Sometimes when I open it, it flashes to another menu but then goes directly back to the LED mode screen.

How did any of you get your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master's LEDs to change? I'm at a complete loss.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Sorry to hear about your troubles. To be honest though, when it's actually working, RGB Fusion isn't much better than a blank screen anyway... I used to have the Aorus Ultra and while it was a good board, I just had to many issues with it: could not get my M.2 NVMe to be recognized as a boot drive, some random freezing in OS and UEFI, and probably just specific to my board, a broken system fan header. I did get the LEDs to change with the software though, but RGB Fusion broke the hell out of my Cooler Master Keyboard and Corsair RGB Pro memory (just the lighting I mean). But after three weeks of suffering, I just returned the thing and got the MSI MEG Z390 Ace.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I only installed RGB Fusion 2.0 and no other gigabyte software to test it out.

it scans your hardware first and you will see the image of the hardware to click and then set up your color profile

"flash.dll. I downloaded that and put it in System32"

not a good idea to download random web sites for a fix of a missing file. If you had to do this reinstall the fusion software. if errors, find out the solution before moving on

download the software directly with the updated version. dont mess with "live updates"

My only experience is with my new gigabyte video card

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://imgur.com/yCmEpav

What am I supposed to do with this interface? It never went through and scans or anything.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If I see that image correctly, you have no RGB hardware.....or a fooked up install

I would uninstall and remove, check for a BIOS update for your motherboard.

After BIOS update, install only rgb fusion 2.0

do you have to make any connection to your motherboard to enable RGB??

when you start messing with your system and downloading files from other sources, you are asking for trouble

do you have a parts list here?

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vhdFjy

So I did some more research and found that I need to actually go get the AppCenter App for my chipset series apparently (Inel 300 series). However, I couldn't find it. However, I did find that I needed to download the RDG Fusion 2.0 for my Z390 mobo (which ended up being a more updated version - build 18.xxx.xxx).

When I opened it, it recognized my RAM but not my mobo... So I'm at a loss here. I dont know what else I need to do.

I dont think I need to plug anything in to enable RGB as everything that light up on the mobo is on the mobo itself. When I get home, I'll upload a pic of the new version of Fusion 2.0.

EDIT: I just found an even more updated build of RGB Fusion 2.0 that apparently doesn't require the AppCenter to be installed (https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/Utility). I'll give that a try when I get home. Ugh...

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Update:

I downloaded the latest version of RGB Fusion 2.0 (B19.402.1).

This is what it looks like now. Still not detecting the mobo at all: https://imgur.com/a/DEEkkW5

Within the RGB Fusion folder I saw SelLedV2.exe and opened that. This is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/4Xw6qSp

Still not able to click on areas of the mobo to change the colors.

What the hell is going on...?!

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

have you looked into updating your BIOS for your motherboard?

I only installed RGB Fusion 2.0 and not the app. I think the app is used to uninstall RGB Fusion completely from your system. I uninstalled RGB Fusion 2.0 and my Video Card still goes through the color cycle of the left over setting. I am ok with that. I have yet to get the rest of the system on "RGB"

Gigabyte has a forum you can check out. Or call/send email to gigabyte.

I dont know why your motherboard does not show RGB

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube