add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Maze Generating algorithm

13jonesb

7 months ago

I'm doing a project, and it's making a maze generation/solving algorithm, the only issue is that I need an end-user, who I can interview and get feedback from about my project. Anyone got any idea what kind of person would need this/find it useful?

Thanks

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

I imagine there are some lab mice that would be very interested in such a thing.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Can you provide more detail? Is this generating, graphically, a 2D maze made up of solid lines? Like the maze you find in a magazine at the doctors office?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

By the end of the project it should be, that's the hope.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Anyone got any idea what kind of person would need this/find it useful?

Someone who thinks mazes are amazing, perhaps.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a maize maze.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice. Corny, but a pun is a pun.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Someone that's really good at it could be outstanding in their field.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I honestly didn't expect that to crop up.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Aw, shucks.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that'd be interesting. Do you have a link?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't even started coding this yet, first i've got to produce a project report and everything stating who it's for, and who the end user will be, that's what i've been trying to figure out here

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah I see.

I'd think it'd be useful for labratory applications like tragiktimes said.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

r/beermoney and add a little money and then you’ll get some hits.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

When I was a kid I loved mazes, I did books full of them. Good for spacial skills in a way. Maybe a little tougher to do without a pencil these computer days. Maybe you could generate a maze and drop it on a draw program or something. Either way certainly an entertainment item I would think, much like word finding games.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

agreed. that's kind of the end hope, something that gets me good marks, but also that i can keep on my pc for entertainment if needed.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You might go further on it but I don't know your capabilities. For example if you 'drove' through the maze (moved an icon/etc) it might be cooler game on a pc or tablet....pacman was sort of like that, but not a game I liked lol because it was not about the maze. Those early arcade games had huge difficulty levels. They made sure you didn't get too much for that quarter.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube