add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming/Streaming build HELP

DanDan825

9 months ago

Hello everyone, I have watched 100+ pc builds videos, and Im finally ready to build one. Trying to stick to a 1500USD budget. Opinions? Ways to save money? Thanks! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cf7kYT

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I would invest in a similarly priced air cooler from Noctua, as they can match a 120mm AIO, and even beat it in some cases. Plus, less chance of failure/leaks. Otherwise, I think the build looks good.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I heard good things about Noctua. Ill check out there coolers.

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

Your build looks good to me and if you like those components no need to change them. Some other options that would save you money if you wanted.

Get an air CPU cooler. You can find excellent ones for around $40 that would have similar performance to the liquid cooler but less maintenance.

Get a smaller M2 SSD (e.g. 250 - 500GB) and supplement with a larger 2.5" SSD or 3.5" HD.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Ill check out the some air coolers. I wanted the one m.2 to have less wires. Thanks!

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

That 660p is priced vey well actually, considering it is NVMe x4 based, making it very fast. If he is at the top of his budget, he can just get it now since it is a good value, and get a larger hard drive in the future if needed. 1TB should suffice until then.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I completely agree.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I found that ssd and most of the others were 170+! So I think thats a very good price.

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

not mention. oddly never is. will you be archive any of it?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Uh, wrong topic bud

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

What is he talking about?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

you said streaming...... are you going to save any of the video from it. some people do and some don't.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, sorry I couldn’t tell what you were saying at first. If he’s streaming on Twitch, there is a built in archive that saves for a certain amout of time (14 days-a month I think). If he really needs to save his video locally, I can give a pointer that 100hrs of 1080p 60fps 20mbps in mp4 is nearly 1TB of space. Just something to compare to if he wants to calculate needed space.

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

mp4 awful for that. .264 and others are much better. i only mention about the achieve stuff do to some want to. for you tube later on etc.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube