add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Time Builder, $750 White and Black Build!

Maxqz
  • 11 months ago

So I'm new to this whole thing. I've watched a lot of videos online as well as used friends to guide me through the process. I would really appreciate some feedback from the community, so please let me know if this build seems fine for some gaming and streaming! (Currently wanting white components with minor black accents). PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor $159.99 @ Newegg Business
CPU Cooler ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler $39.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $66.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $81.99 @ Amazon
Storage Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $29.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $169.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (White w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case $64.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $66.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan ARCTIC - Arctic F12 74 CFM 120mm Fan $6.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $811.37
Mail-in rebates -$65.00
Total $746.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-02 22:33 EDT-0400

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I have no qualms with the 1700, they're great in value, but you might want to wait two months for when third generation Ryzen comes out. Potentially faster and cheaper alternatives.

As for the 1700, you can overclock it to 3.7 GHz with the stock cooler, so there's no point getting an aftermarket one, and if you intend to overclock it beyond that, you might need a marginally more powerful cooler, so I'd save $40 and make do with the stock cooler.

Also on the topic of overclocking, you need a better motherboard, way better. What you've chosen is a basic motherboard. It just won't handle overclocking.

You can get 3200 MHz RAM for about the same price.

I'd invest into 500 GB SSD now given the prices of QLC SSDs. 250 GB was fine for a long time, and it still is, but investing a little more into a 500 GB is worth it now, even for a budget build.

Just my opinion.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd recommend the 2600 over the 1700, but whatever you want ;)

You dont really need the cooler for the 2600, it comes with one that is more than adequate for a gaming PC.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube