add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK??

DanDan825

8 months ago

My first PC build, Hope i build well, any advice? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRXVkd

And also, I am okay with not getting new ryzen processors.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

coolers overkill for the CPU, go with a hyper 212 black edition, or the RGB black edition, I would go with noctua fans, but they dont have RGB :( and NEVER buy a strix variant of a budget card, for $100 you can get a 2070 so I would downgrade the 2060, or go with a 2070. then the mouse... I owned the DEVARAIAS K556 Keyboard, Ive switched to corsair, but the keyboard is a great value, the mouse however, you may like reddragon mice but the two that I have owned (although cheap) only lasted 4-6 months before breaking. probably just my luck though :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks OK, although the 2600X doesn't really need a DR4 cooler; you'd be fine with a Scythe Mugen 5 or Fuma, Thermalright Macho, and other $50-ish coolers. You also have a ton of case fans and I don't think the build will run all that hot; you might back down the fans.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't have any storage in the build. With a machine like this the minimum I'd shoot for would be a decent 500GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Very easy to cut down on the cooler seeing as the 2600X can't be overclocked enough to warrant such a beefy cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube