add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What editing software do you recommend?

MikeTX

5 days ago

I'm going to be new to the whole video editing scene. I will be using GoPro Hero 7 Blacks and GoPro Hero 5s.

Don't think I will need anything fancy at this time but let me know what you think.

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

I know Adobe Premiere is the go-to for most people

I've messed around with a little bit, and a friend of mine edited our video projects in Premiere. So that'd be my recommendation

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Da Vinci Resolve has a free version and Sony Vegas can be had for very cheap sometimes.

Adobe Premiere is pretty much a standard.

Handbrake is a good tool to have.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

There's a free version of Lightworks available for Windows. It's feature-crippled in some ways, but there's enough there to give you a good idea if it'll meet your needs.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

I use cyberlink powerdirector for all my 4K gaming video's

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/video-photo-editor-combo/features_en_US.html

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Easy to use? I'm new to the whole thing.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

I see alot of GoPro users making good use of cyberlink powerdirector

I have my software setup to "4K", and I use this setting for everything. Never change it if it is 1080 recording or 4k recording. Might use a bit more hard drive space when the 1080 recording is produced at 4K. But I think it sharpens the 1080 results. Or I could make just a "1080" setting.

Easy to use? this software is not, 2 clicks and you are done. Plenty of youtube videos on how to make special effects, etc.

Newegg has 50% off software on the email list and it is at that time a good buy. I have seen powerdirector as low at $29......so this is not FREE software that many are looking for.

But I believe what software you use makes a huge difference in speed, quality, and the final output.

here is my lastest 4K BF5 game video using powerdirector to give you an idea of what this software can do. And I am no expert at powerdirector :)

https://youtu.be/8MaRzctPffI

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Humble Software REBundle: VEGAS Pro Even More Creative Freedom

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-rebundle?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

$788 of software, for the price of $25 or LOWER! TODAY!

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah wasnt really liking the subscription idea.

• 11 hours ago
  • 1 point

So if I looked at using anything other than Adobe Premiere. Will my HP Pavilion 570-p094 work for editing video? I can add more ram, unfortunately only up to 16GB. I can also add a video card.

Specs on the computer: AMD 7th Gen A12-9800 8GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM

If adding ram and a video card would suffice what video card should I go with and what PSU should I move to?

Other wise ill just build a new computer but I would rather not waist this computer I have.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube