add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
RCherryy

7 months ago

Started picking parts for a Pc (first time building) and I got a compatibility message saying “the motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.”

Could anyone explain this to me please. Also could you tell me if my build is any good or trash. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RCherryy/saved/QYpK4D

Thank you in advance really appreciate any advice or assistance.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

The part list is private. To un-private it, go to your account, click list, then edit->Private

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks just fixed

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Build looks good. Wish I could afford that MOBO :(

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks really appreciate it! I bet you’ll be able to soon got to figure out what you can cut out and save from that. For me I decided to walk to work and no snacks.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

For that amount of money you could make a faster build.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor $149.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Deepcool - GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 GAMING X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $139.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team - Night Hawk RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card $479.99 @ Amazon
Case Corsair - SPEC OMEGA ATX Mid Tower Case $59.90 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $62.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan Corsair - SP120 57.24 CFM 120 mm Fan $11.84 @ OutletPC
External Storage Seagate - Backup Plus 1 TB External Hard Drive $49.99 @ Adorama
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1154.55
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1134.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-05 21:56 EDT-0400
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

He's got the better RAM, CPU, PSU, CPU cooler, and Motherboard. All you did was take from other things and slap on a 2070.

I'd keep what he has already and spend an extra 50 dollars on a RX 2060

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Better Ram?

How do you know that the Corsair Ram is better than the Team one?

With what criteria?

All Ram PCB manufacturers are using ICs from either Samsung, Hynix or Micron.

And all Ram modules have a life time warranty!

Better CPU?

Just take a look at that chart and compare the performance differences between an i5-9400F and a i5-9600K.

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i5_9600K/images/relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

<The i5-9400F equals an i5-8500 more or less>

Better PSU?

Why, because it can handle a RIG up to 750 Watts?

You will never 750 Watt, not even with an OCed i9-9900K and a RTX 2080Ti.

Also for the history, the EVGA GQ can't compete a Corsair RMx power supply unit.

And the GQ isn't even full modular.

Better board?

First off, the Prime is inferior than the ROG Strix E series.

Secondly, the ROG Strix E has 4 phases for the CPU. So the Prime can't have more phases than the ROG Strix E.

Not a problem for overclocking an 6 or even 8 core processor, but still....4 phases.

The Gigabyte has 10 CPU phases, 5 real phases paired with 5 doublers with current balancing up to 10!

And comparing the heat-sinks over the VRMs of these two boards, i really doubt that Asus uses heat-sinks with more surface area.

Last but not least, if you think that Z390 boards are future proof you make a big mistake.

Intel Icelake CPUs will NOT run on existing 300 series chip-set boards.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-comet-lake-ice-lake-chipset-drivers,39294.html

So spending 200 bucks on an ASUS Z390 mainstream board is, i don't know...sort of stupid?

And lastly, a better CPU cooler.

Well, even the most good looking AIO will not help you, to run games with ultra settings and a lot of fps. ;)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the CPU he had is better and is overclockable (bonus with that AIO) ;P

In my mind, Corsair ram is, like, second best behind G.Skill, so they may be the same, but I would always go for Corsair over Team, they have a reputation for good RAM modules.

I never said that Z390 are future proof, intel sees to that nicely (though the B450 and X470 boards will be backwards compatible with the new ryzens)

Also, I have no freaking Idea what the heck phases are on the motherboard xD. I'd think though that more phases is better, but maybe less= less to go through = faster?? I go for higher watt CPU's in case it's needed so you aren't scraping with your OC'ed 9900K and dual 2080Ti's using 530 watts of your 550 Watt power supply.

And also, (and i will stand by this) EVGA is a VERY good brand that produces very high quality PC components. I say this because me and my dad got a new EVGA 750 watt GQ PSU and it runs like a BEAST :)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I’m going to check the 2060 out right now

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

No problem. If you need any help getting anything or building the computer hit me up, I usually check messages every hour or 2, so not the FASTEST response times, but it's not a week :)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for advice!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :)

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $249.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $149.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $186.48 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $114.99 @ Amazon
Storage Corsair - MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $76.98 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba - P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC PRO WHITE Video Card $379.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair - Crystal 570X ATX Mid Tower Case $109.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1398.29
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-05 21:43 EDT-0400
  • 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks appreciate you! Going to stay with case even though yours is better made a rush decision and purchased already, I’m in love with it.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

this looks nice, but you have to take into consideration: That CPU cooler is really expensive, does the OP really need RGB? and also he probably used an external HDD for a reason, probably for easy transport, I'd keep that on there so he doesn't get confused and buys the wrong hard drive.

Also, that SSD brand is not as good as crucial, Samsung, or WD. Corsair is NOT a dedicated Storage Company, and it not their strong suit either.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I just learned something didn’t realize I had external hard drive but figured I needed some type of back up drive to move files (videos) thanks for pointing that out. I’m a sucker for RGB but I can’t help it unfortunately.

Appreciate everyone’s input as well this was a bit overwhelming watched so many pc videos (the verge) bitwit etc.

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I didnt realive it was the newer one

I had an older MP500 and it wasn't very good.

Sorry my misunderstanding :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube