add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2070 VS Radeon VII

DanDan825

7 months ago

Which Graphics Card should I get if price doesn't matter?

(Paring with a r/2700x)

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

Take a read of reviews, the VII is more comparable to a 2080 for most the part then a 2070 and in those titles it falls behind is still usually ahead of a 2070: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_vii_16_gb_review,11.html

In out and out performance the VII often performs better. Need to bare in mind though, usually it’s more expensive, consumes more power (though hardly a massive issue I suppose if you have a half decent psu) and stock cooler can be fairly audible vs aftermarket gpus.

With that said, I see your comment that the VII pricing is your limit which afaik looking at current pricing is $680 mark. Around that price you can also get the 2080 which should be a consideration as your not adverse to Nvidia listing the 2070. 2080 seems to offer more consistent performance (for gaming) and given it comes in aftermarket flavours, even at some of the more basic models are the $700 mark will still generally perform quieter.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD just anounced their navi rx 5700 and 5700xt cards to compete with the 2060 and 2070 so i would hold off for just a bit longer as there might be some price shifts in the near future.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup I heard. I think ill wait. Thanks!

• 7 months ago
  • -2 points

If price doesn't matter then just get a 2080ti/RTX Titan.

But if You're looking at those cards pricing matters.

So it's the same as any other hardware choice. Look up benchmarks in Your uses and go with what best fits Your uses in Your budget.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Well my max price point was a Radeon VII. And i wanted to ask because I would watch a benchmark, click on another, and the 2070 would be winning, so I can really trust them.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

So go with whichever is cheaper if they are so close that margin of error can flip which is winning.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube