add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA 2 slot GPU bracket (RTX 20-Series)

Dreadvolt

5 months ago

Curious if anyone has used EVGA's 2 slot bracket to vertically mount their 2.75 slot GPU while maintaining the stock cooling solution.

I was under the impression it would work fine, however today for the first time saw a review on ebay suggesting this is a bad idea. Anyone on here try this in the wild yet?

Components in question: RTX 2070 XC Ultra, CableMod Vertical PCI-e bracket.

I've got the vertical bracket, and riser card already, but cannot use the standard 2.75 slot GPU bracket to attach to the vertical mount. Help?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The main reason why people advise against vertically mounting your video card is because on just about every case, it is pushed up against the glass side panel and chokes the fans causing significantly worse temps. The CableMod vertical mount, however, takes the space of the 7 expansion slots on your case which pushes it closer to the motherboard. Some users have even reported slightly better temps than the standard horizontal mount, though in general, it won't raise temps which is good (don't expect significantly better temps or anything).

While the CableMod bracket will support a triple slot cooler, it won't actually be able to mount since it only supports a two slot I/O shield. This is why you need to purchase the EVGA 2 slot I/O shield. Once you replace it, you should be able to use the CableMod vertical video card mount without any issues.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

That was my assumption as well when buying the CableMod kit.

It wasn't until after it arrived that I learned from the EVGA site, that the 2 slot bracket they offer will NOT support the stock cooler. It's for a waterblock only. So, no dice mounting this thing vertically without cutting the case, and using a different bracket, which I don't want to do.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh wow, okay, sorry about that. Didn't know that.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Me neither until the other day. Guess i should have started with EVGA.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube