add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cooled shelf computer./ Liquid cooled RAM.

Skylabquantumcat

4 months ago

Good day all. I have a computer build concept that I'm working on. This computer will be built in a book shelf instead of a computer case. Why? Because I feel like it. Anyway, because it is not in a proper case, it will not have the advantages of a directed airflow when it comes to cooling. I intend to overclock all the components as far as I can take them, so I'm planning on using a liquid cooling loop.

Because I wont have good airflow over the motherboard, I was thinking that the RAM might not be cool enough for overclocking. This lead me to thinking, "What if I had liquid cooled RAM?" It's been done before and it might be the perfect solution for cooling this build.

I'm already planing to have two independent loops in the system, one for the CPU and another for the twin GPUs. How should I go about setting up water cooled RAM and what water block should I use? I prefer RGB lighting on the RAM water block, but performance is the main concern. Please give me some suggestions on what RAM water block to use and how to integrate it into the cooling loop. Here is the part list I have so far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wd4cdX

Thanks ahead of time y'all

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

sooo, i'm to stupid to try to help with this, i just wanted to say that that is gonna be a sick af bookshelf! good on ya!

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

However this turns out, it will be quite an adventure in computer building. Thanks.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/ram-blocks

I would start here if I were you.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the link.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Regarding the part list, what is the computer for? I noticed that it is pretty overkill, especially in terms of storage. I’m curious, is it a workstation? Or is it for gaming? Do you earn money off this build? Because the part list... it scares me.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The computer is going to be used for whatever I need. Some gaming, some rendering, and quite possibly a server for gaming. I might try using this along side a few other computers as a crypto mining array. Realistically, this build will only be built when I have a lot of money. I don't know when I will have the cash to splash on this so it might be a while until it is finished. When it is built though, I'll be sure to post it up here. The main point of this build though is to have enough performance that it will never slow down no matter what I throw at it.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, good luck then.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ammo can. nice. I always appreciate creative case mods and such.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry man, I don’t have a 4 year degree in engineering XD but good luck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube