add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final list I think but might change graphics card.

ICMonster

3 months ago

Might swap gpu to an aftermarket rx 5700xt when those get released. Thoughts?

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor £314.95 @ AWD-IT
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard £117.49 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £94.49 @ Amazon UK
Storage Crucial MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £109.99 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card £421.19 @ Amazon UK
Case Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply £73.49 @ Amazon UK
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter £25.40 @ CCL Computers
Monitor Dell SE2419H 23.8" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor £111.30 @ Amazon UK
Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard £89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1438.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-11 01:59 BST+0100

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard £189.78 @ CCL Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £83.58 @ Aria PC
Storage Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £97.03 @ CCL Computers
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card £421.19 @ Amazon UK
Case Cooler Master MasterBox K500 ATX Mid Tower Case £58.95 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply £72.77 @ CCL Computers
Monitor BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor £174.00 @ Amazon UK
Total £1502.24
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-11 04:38 BST+0100
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

This actually looks really good. Is the change in ssd that make that much difference? I can see it's cheaper but is there any performance difference between the intel or the crucial? Why the change in psu? It seems that one is less power for essentially the same price. Nice monitor but due to how I'd use it I'm worried about the viewing angles of the tn panel as I'll end up using it as a tv as well as a monitor. I'm also planning on buying a slightly cheaper monitor and then getting a better one later down the line and using the old one as a second monitor.

Cheers!

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

The 660p is an NVME drive, which usually provides more speed than a standard SATA drive

PSU was probably chosen because of modularity, but I wouldn't worry about that (kep the TX650M, it should be fine)

Also, have you considered getting a VA panel monitor? (it's viewing angles and colour reproduction are better than TN)

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard £189.78 @ CCL Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £83.94 @ Aria PC
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £109.99 @ Amazon UK
Case Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case £86.95 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply £73.49 @ Amazon UK
Monitor *AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor £177.59 @ CCL Computers
Total £1547.87
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-12 00:58 BST+0100
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

done some quick google searchers and it seems NVME doesn't give much benefit for my use cases and the intel 660p doesn't seem to good (apprently speed issues when it fills up and it having a low durability?) Yeah I doubt I'll need it to be modular, the one I chose is semi modular anyway. I can't remember my reasoning for not anymore, probably just chasing the very best. I'll have a look for some VA monitors.

Here's a re-done version of my list. decided I don't need the 3700x so gone for the 3600 (my original plan) so that I can go for the more expensive mobo. Changed to a sata ssd with the plan to upgrade to an nvme ssd later down the lineonce I've earnt more money. Changed the memory to rgb as it was like £2 more expensive. Finally will wait now for the aftermarket rx 5700xt's so that I can get better performance and not cook everything.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £188.79 @ Aria PC
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £96.98 @ Aria PC
Storage SanDisk Ultra 3D 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive £110.46 @ Amazon UK
Case Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Monitor Samsung LC27JG50QQNZA 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor £286.78 @ Amazon UK
Total £1447.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-12 03:38 BST+0100
  • 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Do know the 3700X has a better stock cooler as well. I would be going 3700X so you can not upgrade for many years and buy a 1080p 60Hz screen like your original plan, upgrading later to a dual monitor setup.

Since you want WiFi change the mobo to TUF Gaming X570 Plus (WiFi).

Ballistix LT memory is best for 3rd gen Ryzen as you can tighten timings more which gives a significant performance boost.

If I was you I’d just get a 2TB 660p and limit usable capacity to 1.75TB, that way you always get fast speeds for read/writes below 4GB. Bit more expensive but worth every dollar.

You can check out r/buyapcsales, they have great findings that should cheapen your end price.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why I initially chose it, however I've decided that the extra cooling is probably not needed. Even then I could just buy a new and better cooler for less money than the ryzen 7. Getting the 3700x for longetivity is a good idea however. That mobo is quite expensive? if I'm looking at the right one. What do you mean by tighten timings more? The 2tb is quite expensive though, maybe a bit too exensive. Cheers, I'll check it out

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Any and All SSD drives slow down when filled up, and any and all NVME's dont have a super duper long lifespan. You should only keep a NVME for a max of 1.5-2 years, they don't last forever

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I can see it's cheaper but is there any performance difference between the Intel or the crucial?

Well with gaming in mind and other not so particular demanding applications, there wouldn't be any substantial difference between a MX500 and a 660p.

Still, the 660p is the faster drive as it uses a faster interface and it costs less!

But it gets even better. An M.2 drive needs no additional data and power cables to operate.

That makes the installation easier and less cables leads to a better cable management.

So why not spending less and getting a better deal of an SSD drive.

Why the change in PSU? It seems that one is less power for essentially the same price.

Yeah, it's full modular that's why. But you can use the Corsair TXM. Excellent PSU unit.

Nice monitor but due to how I'd use it I'm worried about the viewing angles of the tn panel as I'll end up using it as a TV as well as a monitor. I'm also planning on buying a slightly cheaper monitor and then getting a better one later down the line and using the old one as a second monitor.

I don't know man, why paying twice for a monitor. But it you wanna keep it as a second Monitor, yes you can pay less on your 1st Monitor but it should be at least an acceptable one. Because a Monitor matters.

You may have the fastest and nicest looking PC on earth, but with a worse Monitor everything would look bad.

Lastly, viewing angles does suffer on a TN panel. IPS/VA panels are better on that matter.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

You need a 120 Hz monitor to enjoy gaming. Or, if you're like me which isn’t likely, a 1440p 60 Hz monitor.

Since you need WiFi anyway why not get the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC? Better feature set overall.

Change SSD to Intel 660p.

The 5700 performs either equal or better than the 2060 Super at a lower cost. The 5700 XT offers less value but still performs nearly as well as the 2070 Super for a fair amount lower.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I chose this monitor as it looks good and will be a temporary main monitor with the plan to get a better one later down the line and use this one as a second monitor (which is very useful when I'm programming). I went for that mobo as it claims on the overclockers website that it's 3rd gen ready which means less faff and worry with BIOS issues for me. is that a better ssd? idk how best to figure out how good different ssd's are compared to each other. Yeah think I'll wait a bit for an aftermarket 5700xt for the better cooling and buy the rest of the components now.

Cheers!

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Damn, you right with the motherboard. I didn’t even know they release. :P

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

If I was you go with a 144 Hz Monitor. A 60hz monitor is going to waste all the juice from the build.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I pplan to buy a better monitor later down the line, but for now one like the above should be fine and then it can become a second monitor later on. At least that's my plan.

Cheers!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube