add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Vs Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE

Valhera
  • 9 months ago

I am looking at getting one of the following:

Originally i was set on getting the Corsaie 500D RGB however the lian li is starting to grow on me. For the first month or so after doing my new build i will be using air cooling and then may transition into a full custom water loop.

Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Premium Mid-Tower Case:

The Lian Li would allow me to hide the PSU away but may make cable management harder also is it possible to mount a pump/Res combo at the back of the case?

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer edition

Does anyone know how the razor logo is placed on the glass? is it etched or a sticker? as i like the under and side glow effects but i dislike having the razor logo there and i am wondering if i can remove it

My current build idea is : PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor £503.50 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard £303.48 @ Ebuyer
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £178.40 @ Alza
Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £229.99 @ Corsair UK
Video Card Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB AMP Extreme Video Card £739.00 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply £134.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £2089.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-12 15:32 BST+0100

What would you suggest?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Cable management in neither will be overly difficult and the 500D similarly has a PSU cover, so while not on the back like the Lian-Li, can be used to hide the PSU from the primary side.

Yes the Razer Logo is laser etched: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-now-offered-in-a-razer-edition.html

the final touch is the Razer logo Lazer Etch onto the face of the chassis

With that said, if you do plan to go custom loop route as you suggest down the line, there are plenty of RGB distribution plates for the 011 Dynamic that fit at the front that will give a broadly similar effect.

I imagine it should be possible to fit a small pump res in the back, in the spot sections off for a second PSU. May just need to be creative with mounting.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

While I love my case (500D RGB SE), when considering a custom loop, it does feel a bit limited. Unless you plan to mod the case, you'll likely only be able to mount the pump/res on the back of the 360mm rad attached to the front of the case (which must be a slim 30mm rad). Also, your video card would need to have the reference PCB or it will be too long and create clearance issues for the pump/res combo (unless you vertically mount the video card). I have the EVGA FTW3 Ultra 2080 Ti and if I want to do a custom loop, I need to get a 2 slot mounting bracket as well as the riser cable and water block.

For custom water cooling or even just using an AIO, the O11 Dynamic seems like a better choice. The only reason I didn't go for one is because I really like having hinged side panels that shut with magnets. Also, I'm really considering going with an air tower cooler if I can find a good one that doesn't mess with my RAM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube